Tour of Wakejunkie's Home Theater (Lots of Pics)

Youthman

I'm getting to this thread late in the game, but the sentiment is the same. My prayers and best wishes to you and your family Wake! It's great to hear you are on the mend after such a life altering event. Ps139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. On a lighter note, Youth you did an awesome job capturing Wakes HT and the hospitality of his family. I thought I was going to be perfectly happy with the addition of two more PB 12/2. Your description of Wakes 18s make me wonder what I am missing now. Have a safe trip back

• Like 2

I'm getting to this thread late in the game, but the sentiment is the same. My prayers and best wishes to you and your family Wake! It's great to hear you are on the mend after such a life altering event. Ps139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. On a lighter note, Youth you did an awesome job capturing Wakes HT and the hospitality of his family. I thought I was going to be perfectly happy with the addition of two more PB 12/2. Your description of Wakes 18s make me wonder what I am missing now. Have a safe trip back

timdog come to

My place and find out what you may or may not be missing

• Like 1

timdog come to

My place and find out what you may or may not be missing

Scrappy that was going through my head because when I was typing that sentence. You have told me more than once to come out west a little further and give yours a listen. I really want to, and have some time off the next couple weeks that it's very tempting however I'm scared that I will like it too much!!

• Like 1

multitasking

Multitasking = doing 2 things at once and neither very well.

My daughter use to multitask when she would watch movies with us.  She'd be on her laptop as she "watched" the movie.  She'd miss half of it.  There's no way around it.

multitasking

Multitasking = doing 2 things at once and neither very well

It's not so bad when you are playing a game that really doesn't require sound like Lego while a movie you have already seen is playing.

I understand the concept but it's been repeatedly proven that the mind can't concentrate on 2 things simultaneously (texting and driving for example).  It switches back and forth rapidly between the two.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with kids having fun.  It's when they think they can actually do 2 things at once as good as doing one thing by itself that they get in trouble.  

With all of the work we did over the last few days, wake allowed me to use the shower in their master bath that he remodeled.  This is not your typical shower.  This is one sweet setup!  Not only does it look beautiful, and the multiple shower heads feel extremely relaxing, it's got several cool factors. 

Before jumping into the shower, I loaded up Spotify and connected to his network.  Wake installed a dedicated receiver for the bathroom that allows you to connect your phone to the system via Blutooth.  Most bathroom sound systems have in ceiling speakers but Shaun's is the first that I have ever seen that had a Klipsch in ceiling PLUS a 10" subwoofer installed in the ceiling!  Now it's typical for me to sing in the shower but this was the first time that I have ever danced in the shower.  :lol:  Having clear highs PLUS bass thumping in the shower is pretty stinking amazing. 

bathroom5.jpg

And if that wasn't enough coolness, wake installed a 37" LED TV mounted behind glass to protect from water exposure.  Oh yeah......the TV is connected to the Xbox too so Shaun's wife can enjoy playing Shadows of Mordor in the jacuzzi.  Now that is a pimped out bathroom!  :lol:

What??? No IB sub in the bathroom? I guess you will have to replace your shower with plexiglass first...

• Like 1

What??? No IB sub in the bathroom? I guess you will have to replace your shower with plexiglass first...

Exactly.  IB Subs do not mix well with glass. 

It feels good to update my signature with some new toys!

Thank you Youthman for helping me this weekend.  I had a great time and we got some things done as well.

Edited by WakeJunkie
  • Like 2

Signature shows updated in my profile, but still posted with the old info on that last post...

7.2 Dedicated Home Theater/Game room:
Onkyo TX-NR1008
Klipsch RF-7 II fronts
Klipsch RF-7 II Custom center
Klipsch RS-35 sides
Klipsch RS-35 rears
Pair of FI IB318's in infinite baffle- Subs
Behringer EPX4000 - Sub Amp
Epson 8350 130" Spandex Screen
PS3 Blu-Ray
XBOX 360
Harmony One
APC Smart UPS 3000
42" Visio LED TV (Second Screen)- E421VO

Living Room:
Denon AVR-791
Heresy II's
Mackie SRS 1500

• Like 5

Exactly.  IB Subs do not mix well with glass. 

It feels good to update my signature with some new toys!

Thank you Youthman for helping me this weekend.  I had a great time and we got some things done as well.

Glad to see you are doing better man. Your HT looks epic btw, truly inspirational stuff. I like how you highlight your IB sub instead of hiding behind a grill etc. I hope to have a bathroom like that some day, do you ever have to worry about humidity with the sub in the ceiling? 

do you ever have to worry about humidity with the sub in the ceiling?

Thanks,  The sub I used had a synthetic cone.  Not sure what it is exactly, but feels like plastic.  The amp (all electronics) were removed and are located next to the receiver in the basement under the bathroom.  The hole the amp left was covered with plywood.  Two years with no issues.  We do however use the exhaust fan pretty much every time a shower is taken.  It is on a timer switch so it is easy to press a button to turn it on for 20min when you walk in and not worry about leaving it on.

I know it wasn't asked, but since it is related.  The Klipsch dual voice coil in-ceiling speaker is outdoor rated so moisture was not a concern.

Edited by WakeJunkie

• Moderators
do you ever have to worry about humidity with the sub in the ceiling?

No way the sub doesn't put out moisture. :o Just kidding, great looking theater and bathroom, I love the color of the tile in the bathroom also.

• Moderators
Signature shows updated in my profile, but still posted with the old info on that last post...

I updated your signature.  You had updated "Your System" which only shows when you click on your screename.  There is a separate place to update your actual Signature.

• Like 1