Tour of Wakejunkie's Home Theater (Lots of Pics)

Youthman

Wake, can you explain the thermostat on the soda machine and how you modded the freezer?  Forgot to mention that.  Just another one of your creative handiwork.

I took apart an old commercial soda fountain for the cold plate (huge aluminum block with a stainless steel tube for each syrup flavor, soda water, and water.)  The cold plate was for a commercial system so it had a separate circuit for the soda water for each flavor.  I split the line to use all 6 circuits available.  Those 6 hoses come back together before going into the dispenser to dispense super cooled soda water.  This more than compensates for the cold plate being less efficient being air cooled vs ice cooled as originally in the commercial fountain.

I cut a blank 1 gang plate to fit the opening of the control module. The module is actually designed to control the temp of an aquarium, but is a perfect fit and only cost $14 shipped.  Basically when the freezer gets to 32 degrees the unit "unplugs" the deep freeze until it warms to 35 deg.  I also set a delay so it can't cycle to quickly and damage the compressor.  Freezers make very efficient refrigerators, which is what this really is now.  It doesn't even run that much.

I keep the freezer between 32 and 35 degrees. The oversized cold plate does a great job chilling the soda prior to dispensing.

The soda, and water are dispensed right at 34 degrees which is perfect.

The freezer was a small white regular deep freeze for $50 on craigslist.  I painted it and cut holes for the syrup and water lines in the back and the dispenser on top.  BIB syrup is in the cabinet under the popcorn machine.  The carbonator, water filter, and CO2 tank are in the next room.

temp2.jpg

• Like 2

a little more cowbell

Hail State! I think there are 4 cowbells in the room right now. Not in the house...in the room. Not to mention almost all the decorations are MSU. You would have liked the MSU Christmas Tree that replaced the foosball table for the season. It had at least a dozen cowbell decorations.
  • Like 1

Pictures of the equipment closet:

rack%20(2).jpg

rack%20(1).jpg

Individual dimmers for the lights are located in the equipment closet.  They are controlled by the two master switches in the room.

Here you can see the door to the closet and the outside of the IB sub manifold. 

You can kind of see the Velodine sub, old Kenwood Receiver, and $7 garage sale Bose speakers I use in my workshop.

rack%20(4).jpg

I added some speakers in the pool table area since Youthman left.  They are powered by the Sony receiver we pulled from the Living Room when we installed the Denon AVR-791.

It is frequent to have people playing XBOX with the rest of the group around the pool table.  I wanted music back there for atmosphere other than the sounds of an exploding Wraith.   The Heresey II's replaced Synergy S-2 Bookshelf speakers in the Living Room so I already had these.  They are connected to the 2nd screen, aux iphone input, and the PC for Spotify.  With the main screen playing XBOX, PS3, or TV you can use the 42" 2nd screen as the PC monitor and control Spotify to the rear speakers with the wireless keyboard/mouse.

synergy%20(4).jpg

synergy%20(1).jpg

synergy%20(2).jpg

• Like 1

Where did you purchase your equipment rack rails from.  I would like to build a custom rack, and have been having a hard time finding ones that work.

A Technology recycling place.  They came out of a server cabinet.

An unrelated question, what is the story behind the name WakeJunkie, lol.  This should be good. :D

Before my stroke this is how I would spend every day I could.

boatwide.jpg

boat.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

I think believe that was my first attempt at a double flip....well maybe an unintentional double flip.  :lol:

Wake thinks he is on the shoot for Miami Vice (Believe this was your old boat).

wakejunkie2.jpg

wakejunkie1.jpg

No mad air for me....just some little bunny hops.  Good times for sure bro.

youthman1.jpg

youthman2.jpg

• Like 1

Where did you purchase your equipment rack rails from.  I would like to build a custom rack, and have been having a hard time finding ones that work.

A Technology recycling place.  They came out of a server cabinet.

An unrelated question, what is the story behind the name WakeJunkie, lol.  This should be good. :D

Before my stroke this is how I would spend every day I could.

boatwide.jpg

boat.jpg

That is the key to life, enjoying every momement and spending as much time as possible with family and friends.