Shipping how to: NOT

USNRET

I placed a 1929 ford windshield on the bay for dad a month ago, and shipped it to Minnesota heres the feedback

best packing job every great deliver well desribed thanks Buyer: 
todd5334 101iconTealStar_25x25.gif)
During past month   1929 Ford Model A windshield / frame / glass + a cowl (#331458549391)

Talk about something that required some safe packing, took a 3" foam mattress topper and wrapped the glass and frame, secured it using parachord, then cut 1" hard foam and created a crate out of that, then wrapped that and sent it along................ended up costing double what ebay estimated shipping to be, but dad still got 3 times more than he expected.........................all I got was 3 hours work packing the damn thing

• Like 1

I work for Mercedes-Benz dealer- ordered a windshield for a client last week. Glass company delivered it in a huge cardboard box... Boxes are usually rectangular or squares. This one was round- and really wrinkly... Opened it up with the parts guys. There was surely glass inside... But not a windshield anymore! Thousands of pieces!

Usually the 3rd windshield on each order is not broken!

And these are professional glass companies. Can't imagine what other shipping horror pics are out there!

I work for Mercedes-Benz dealer- ordered a windshield for a client last week. Glass company delivered it in a huge cardboard box... Boxes are usually rectangular or squares. This one was round- and really wrinkly... Opened it up with the parts guys. There was surely glass inside... But not a windshield anymore! Thousands of pieces!

Usually the 3rd windshield on each order is not broken!

And these are professional glass companies. Can't imagine what other shipping horror pics are out there!

I will happily act as there shipping liaison for a fee :emotion-14:  

I copied this from another forum. It is a SVS PB-13 shipped internationally from Sweden to Germany. That is some FINE packing!

Saw that there also, can't imagine anyone doing that..

I can.  You should see what the TSA or other security apparatus does when they "inspect" something.  Trust me they don't put it back right.  I lost a counter top dish washer that way once.  The same goes for customs services.