WTB RF-63's (Seattle area)

K5SS

I missed out on some 83's last week but I am kind of glad, they are just a little too imposing for my room. 

I am now searching for a minty set of RF-63's in Black to match my RC-64 but I would also consider Cherry, like my previous pair. 

Please let me know if you have a nice pair and you are willing to ship. 

I would be paying with PayPal. 

Thanks in advance! 

I found a guy selling both and we agreed on a price but then he got the shipping quote and he had to back out. I understand though, i think he said shipping was around $500 for all 4 speakers.

I am buying Cherry RF-63's, exactly like my last pair. Now i just have to wait the long wait..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Have either of you compared the RF63's with KLF30's? I am about to pick up some KLF's and was curious how the 63's compare?

I have not had any extensive time with KLF-30's but sure liked what I heard.  IMO, they were kind of a more refined Chorus II.  Big sound without being too overpowering in the lower regions.  Don't put them too deep in the corners or they can get a bit boomy.

On the other hand, IMO, the RF-63's are the most 3-way like 2-way speakers in the Reference line.  Very refined, smooth and detailed with very accurate and punchy bass.  I have placed mine deep in the corners without the hint of any boominess.

Bill