Discogs- Worth the time?

Jim

Use them sometimes and worked out fine. Just like ebay or any other site, lots of people have the same thing for sale and hope for the best. I have never had an issue and the sellers that I purchased from were good. I really paid attention to the feedback and the condition columns when buying records. Good luck.

I've used them... mainly for international transactions.

I feel that most of the grading are fairly spot on... meaning if you buy something that is NOT RATED AS MINT, don't expect a mint LP. knowing that and having gone thru a couple disappointments that I consider my fault for have expectations that were to high, I only buy MINT and NEAR MINT LP's... that is it. if I see a copy of something that is VG or EX+, I will wait until I can find a M copy.

the site itself is fine and a great source to price compare rare LP's.

Edited by Schu

Use them all the time.  Check sellers ratings and numbers of ratings.  Great place to store a collection database.

Whatv is that coillection storage base used for exactly? I see that, but haven't p[layed around on the site enough. Just signed up an hour or two ago.

You use it to add any media that you have in your collection. Enter an artist in the search field, and it will display all kinds of info for them, including albums.  Select the album release that you have (there are many), and then you will see a button that says something like Add to my Collection.   It is then stored for you, where you can access it via the web.  I use it at home, then on my phone when I'm out to check my collection and avoid duplicates.  Very handy.