Crites Service

geoffr

Bob is a nice guy to deal with and he is very humble and never struggles to promote himself. he is also very informative despite some other person whom I mailed and he didn't even come up with a reply containing a "No"! :|

I wish all the best to bob and his family

Edited by Arash

Used the search feature to try to find some information.  Found this thread, so here it goes (need crossover help?). 

After adding a pair of R-115 subs, I think it may be wise to freshen up the La Scala's.  Not sure, however, if this is a necessary mod.  My pair are 1996 models with the AL-3.  The speakers being nearly 20 years old, seems might be worth looking into, at the least. 

My La Scala's don't sound bad.  I am just wondering if there would be a substantial sound improvement with new crossovers installed.  I know very little on this topic, so please bear with me.

pictured from one of my Scala's (I know, dusty :()

20150305_195502_zpsrxdmgaw0.jpg?14256087

• Like 1

Used the search feature to try to find some information.  Found this thread, so here it goes (need crossover help?). 

After adding a pair of R-115 subs, I think it may be wise to freshen up the La Scala's.  Not sure, however, if this is a necessary mod.  My pair are 1996 models with the AL-3.  The speakers being nearly 20 years old, seems might be worth looking into, at the least. 

My La Scala's don't sound bad.  I am just wondering if there would be a substantial sound improvement with new crossovers installed.  I know very little on this topic, so please bear with me.

Yep, looks just like the same condition as my last three pairs of Scallas.

Bob is always the first call i make, that being done, then running them for a good 10 hours.

That being done as well as rewiring, checking Ohms on all the drivers at the same time. done.

Bob is always the first call i make

Did you replace the crossovers in each pair, Mark?  Is there a way I may be able to check the condition of my current x-overs? 

Yes, replace @20 years, is my standard, hell something has to lose it's value in that time, caps forsure go south.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Used the search feature to try to find some information. Found this thread, so here it goes (need crossover help?).

After adding a pair of R-115 subs, I think it may be wise to freshen up the La Scala's. Not sure, however, if this is a necessary mod. My pair are 1996 models with the AL-3. The speakers being nearly 20 years old, seems might be worth looking into, at the least.

My La Scala's don't sound bad. I am just wondering if there would be a substantial sound improvement with new crossovers installed. I know very little on this topic, so please bear with me.

The AL3 is a darn good Klipsch crossover I'd suggest cleaning them up and just replace the caps....the only real reason to change crossover types would be if your going to start changing out the horns and drivers which would require something with adjustable midrange and tweeter control.

• Like 1

Used the search feature to try to find some information. Found this thread, so here it goes (need crossover help?).

After adding a pair of R-115 subs, I think it may be wise to freshen up the La Scala's. Not sure, however, if this is a necessary mod. My pair are 1996 models with the AL-3. The speakers being nearly 20 years old, seems might be worth looking into, at the least.

My La Scala's don't sound bad. I am just wondering if there would be a substantial sound improvement with new crossovers installed. I know very little on this topic, so please bear with me.

The AL3 is a darn good Klipsch crossover I'd suggest cleaning them up and just replace the caps....the only real reason to change crossover types would be if your going to start changing out the horns and drivers which would require something with adjustable midrange and tweeter control.

Also, throw some K-33's on Ebay and put some Kappa 15C woofers in there instead. AT $109 apiece with free shipping, it's a zero cost upgrade with much greater lower midrange clarity.

he also sells kits you can upgrade yourself - AL-3 132$ shipped

Randy, I think this may be the best option for me.  I soldered new diaphragms into the high horns of my Scala's so one would think a crossover repair/upgrade would most likely be with-in my skill level.   

A little guidance is always welcome however :D

Bob is NOT a nice guy. He is a despicable old coot that makes sport of short people.

But his offerings are innovative and very cost effective. All done within the principles of PWK's thinking.

Service is second to none.

tc

Edited by IB Slammin