Crappy HDMI connections.

mxr dad

While I appreciate the technology to have only 1 cable to handle the duties, it amazes me how cheap the HDMI cables stay plugged in. Alright, hope the picture isnt too embarrassing, but while moving the receivers out just a little and having the HDMI cable coming loose, on a whim I had to figure out a way I could move receiver without cables coming loose/undone. 

So I came up with this. Lots of time engineering this one. I opened the drawer, found these and put them on in about 10 minutes. Not the prettiest but hey, it works! LOL.

post-29959-0-96940000-1425169915_thumb.j

• Like 4

So I came up with this. Lots of time engineering this one. I opened the drawer, found these and put them on in about 10 minutes. Not the prettiest but hey, it works! LOL.

attachicon.gifPic.jpg

I would expect that kind of engineering from a dad who has a son who was an MX racer.    :emotion-21:   You look at the problem, you figure out a solution. 

I give you full credit for coming up with a functional fix that did not include duct tape or vise grips.  :D

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

LOL. No bailing wire either!  I did not know they made these things. So much for my patent! Yeah, being the Dad of young MX racer means your the mechanic, sponsor, chauffeur, babysitter, butler and I'm sure theres many more I am missing. But what a great time we had. 

• Like 2

While I appreciate the technology to have only 1 cable to handle the duties, it amazes me how cheap the HDMI cables stay plugged in. Alright, hope the picture isnt too embarrassing, but while moving the receivers out just a little and having the HDMI cable coming loose, on a whim I had to figure out a way I could move receiver without cables coming loose/undone. 

attachicon.gifPic.jpg

+2 for this great fix, however finding a quality rubber Band these days is also a challenge.

Im thinkin thin Velcro wire wraps might last longer.

• Like 2

I came home last night and my cable wasn't showing up through my Denon receiver. Sure enough, it was a HDMI cable issue. How in the heck a HDMI cable backs out enough to lose the signal with nobody at home is a mystery to me. This is the third time this has happened.

I might have to invest in some of this connectors.

• Like 1

how-secure-is-your-hdmi-connection-21282here is the picture of the lock connector

the other advantage of these connectors is the fact that they avoid damaging the HDMI connections on the device -as that is very expensive to repair

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 2

I dang sure learned something new today about these things.Thanks. I didnt even know these were invented or I would have absolutely purchased some a long time ago. I hear theres a thing called Google I couldve used but didnt think too?  :huh:

The connectors are cool in solving the problem AND you can keep them when the Up Grade bug bites. The original Engineers on this tech should be beyotch slapped!I There is no way they didnt know about the loose connection. (Maybe the engineers planned it and have patent on these connectors) LOL. 

Great tip on the rubber band/terminal connector! 

how-secure-is-your-hdmi-connection-21282here is the picture of the lock connector

I really like this. I wanted to know more, so I found this installation page for these. Very nice!

http://www.blueechosolutions.com/info/hd-ez-lock-installation-guides/hd-ez-lock-installation-video/

Parts Express sells them for $12.50 per two. I am going to see how many I will need and order them. I loaded 10 in my basket just to see how much with shipping, and the shipping was free. that is $6.25 each delivered to my door. Not bad.

• Like 1

Thanks for the video and well worth the price since we dont have many options. These are absolutely becoming a permanent fixture in my systems. RandyH pointed out something I didnt even think about which is how these "clamps" prevent damage to your components. I was just thinking about the hassle of loose cables so since these solve both those problems, its a no-brainer. 

Thanks for the video and well worth the price since we dont have many options. These are absolutely becoming a permanent fixture in my systems. RandyH pointed out something I didnt even think about which is how these "clamps" prevent damage to your components. I was just thinking about the hassle of loose cables so since these solve both those problems, its a no-brainer. 

it is important to install these connectors with the main units powered off and the power cable pulled out of the main socket to avoid any static or transient transmission -

-

Edited by Randyh