iNuke DSP Advice?

DizRotus

Derrickdj1 has helped me setup my new INuke 1000 DSP to power four Exodus Anarchy 25Hz tapped horn subs. He's also offered to further assist with the fine tuning.

Although I don't find the UI as intuitive as others have found it, I have managed to download the Behringer software to a laptop. The choices regarding crossover slopes, frequencies, gain, etc. are mind numbing.

After brief experimentation, the HPF is set @ 20.0 Hz Butterworth 48 db slope. The LPF is set at 80.5 Hz Butterworth 48 db slope with the output gain at 0.

The AVR's Audyssey program crosses from the mains to the subs at 80Hz..

It sounds good to me, but I still plan to use REW to tune the system to the space.

Any suggestions based on INuke experience are welcomed.

Edited by DizRotus

I am not familiar with the Inuke, but does REW offer integration for it.  If so then I would use REW to eq the sub, then integrate it into your system via Audyssey.  I have done this with Minidsp and it works great.  I believe you take a reading with REW, than REW gives you bi-quads(that might not be the wright word) to input into the Inuke.  Once you do this, the sub will be fully EQ'ed.  Then Audyssey should seamlessly integrate the sub.

If nothing else I would try 24db bw first to see if it sounds better.

Edited by duder1982

Thanks for the replies.

After brief experimentation, the 48db slopes sound better to me. Why would I select Butterworth or Bessel or Linkwitz-Reilly? Eventually, I plan to use REW and Audyssey to dial in the subs. While I want to measure and try REW and/or Audyssey, ultimately I will select what sounds best to me, measurements be damned.

These next two questions should probably be in separate threads, but I'm looking for advice regarding a quieter fan and a relay to power the amp when the AVR is powered on. The AVR has a 12v trigger that activates when "Zone 2" speakers are selected.

Thank you both.  I'll take the recommendations to set the HPF @ 25Hz under advisement.  

In email exchanges with Lilmike regarding how to modify a Dayton 240 to set the HPF.  Lilmike repeatedly said 20-25Hz would be safe.  I suspect if I set it at 25Hz, cabin gain with 4 subs in such a small space will result in observable bass below 25Hz.   Similarly, with HPF set @ 20Hz, cabin gain will cause bass to go even lower.  Based upon Lilmike's comments, the woofers are probably safe with a 20Hz HPF.   If I don't hear any difference, I'll probably choose the 25Hz point to be safe.

FWIW, so far the sound of the single Dayton driving a pair of EATH subs as a 4 ohm load sounds better (if memory serves) than the iNuke driving either a pair or two pair of subs.

I keep forgetting those those woofers are that small.  Yes, follow Scrappy advice.  I am glad you didn't play Edge of Tomorrow loud.   I am glad Scrappy and Carl caught the 20 Hz hpf setting and 48 db slope.  I am glad Neil you ask a lot of question, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...