Soundbar purchase

MichaelandKlipsch

So I'm getting a soundbar for the TV in the master bedroom. Would I be banned for life from the forum of I went with the Sonos soundbat and wirless sub it sounded incredible to me out of all the ones I auditioned. It is a bit pricey at 1200 for the the set but it sounded the smoothest and most neutral and I watch more movies in my bedroom than in the theater. I liked the klipsch one but I actually left the Sonos audition impressed.

So I'm getting a soundbar for the TV in the master bedroom. Would I be banned for life from the forum of I went with the Sonos soundbat and wirless sub it sounded incredible to me out of all the ones I auditioned. It is a bit pricey at 1200 for the the set but it sounded the smoothest and most neutral and I watch more movies in my bedroom than in the theater. I liked the klipsch one but I actually left the Sonos audition impressed.

You might also consider the Paradigm Soundscape. It doesn't come with a sub, and costs about your budget, but you can add one with the built in wireless sub transmitter LFE. Paradigm has some top notch subs! Without a sub it is 40hz-20kHz at +2db.

i don't know how this would compare to the Sonos option, but if you are going all out, you might want to at least demo one.

Edited by mustang guy

• 2 weeks later...

So I have narrowed it down to either the paradigm soundscape and then add a paradigm small 10" sub. The definitive technology set solo cinema or the bowers and Wilkins panorama 2 and add a small bowers and Wilkins 10" sub into the mix. I have heard the d.t. and thought it sounded good but not The paradigm. There is no way for me to hear that one in my area but i have a feeling I wound like it since I'm an anthem guy. I'm going to give the bowers and Wilkins an audition today.

I've never owned a DT sub, but I have heard that they fudge their numbers in a major way. Looking at the 8000, they say it is 1500 watts. I read a thread where the driver they use is 32 ohms. It's the equivalent of about 187 watts. Moreover, owners say there is no bass below 20 Hz, and the 8000 is supposedly rated at 14Hz. 

If not buying a Paradigm sub, you should look at SVS, HSU and Velodine. For the price, you will get a lot more than the DT offers.

I will take your advice which paradigm sub would you sujest? I want to keep this to a smaller foot print 10" or 8" sub that is in piano gloss black to make th wife happy. The sun will most likely be out of view but just in case it is visible.

The Monitor 10 should be looked at. The SB-2000 SVS is also a good candidate for a small footprint.

Edited by mustang guy