No margin when I tyupe a response?

• Administrators

No margin?

You mean no paragraph separation? I'm not sure what is happening for you for sure, but it's probably on your end (the browser), as nobody else is experiencing such issues that I'm aware of. I don't see any problems on our end.

Test for Moray.

<enter> for a line break.

<enter> <enter> <enter> three line breaks

My sentences are breaking properly, Moray.  I haven't heard of the problem you are having,  Can you describe in more detail what is happening when you hit your <enter> button?

Wel I have not changed anything on the confusor and the browser is firefox. When I type I get a very long line of type when I reach what would be the right hand edge of the page the horizontal scroll bar slides over to the right till it stops and the type keeps going onward toward the right for a long time. When I am don and hit send the long sentence looks more or less like a reasonable paragraph. Hope someone can figure this out it is a real pain. thanks Mora James.

In MS Word <enter> is a line break, <Ctrl><enter> is a hard page break.  I don't know if that works within FF.

What Moray is describing is an auto wrapping feature which keep extending the page to the right until he hits the <enter> at which time the words are wrapped to fit the screen width.

Moray, I've never seen that in FF, which is what I use as well. I'll do some research.  My guess is that sometime you have hit some combination of keys to toggle that "feature."  We just need to hit the same combination to toggle it back off.

+++

I presume you are using Windows?  If not, let us know.

Also, have you tried using MS Explorer to see if the same problem exists there?  I keep Explorer and Chrome as backups, and use Firefox 36.0 all the time.

Edited by wvu80

thanks yes fire fox in windows 7 ultimate I will try the break suggestion. lets see, .....................................

..........................................................................................................................

............................................... That's my hitting "Ctrl Enter". The works better than a boos in the behind.

Thanks Moray James.

Your post is wrapping fine as I am looking at it, Moray. 

I just used the <Ctrl><enter> combo and reproduced the line scroll "feature" on my computer, the text kept extending to the right.  A simple <Ctrl><enter> toggled it back.  It looks like problem solved.

Edited by wvu80