Slightly off-topic...... Realistic Mach 1 temptation.....

Bryant0086

Was visiting some relatives over the weekend and we decided to go to one of the thrift stores nearby. Walked in, went straight to the electronics section (of course) and low and behold, for $40 there was a set of Realistic Mach 1 speakers. When I was maybe 12 years old, those were my "dream" speakers. After seeing them yesterday again, I was a bit underwhelmed. The back was unfinished particle board, the grill was hideous and they were smaller than I remembered.

There was some positives though..... I did pull off the grills and everything was intact. The surrounds sounded slightly "crunchy" with me poking at it, but had no tears. The level controls on the mid and tweet both were very smooth. Once I pulled off the grills, I do remember why me (and thousands of other people) liked those. It was the woofer. The driver itself still looks impressive even by today's standards, and the horns are cool as well. At that price, I sort of feel like I should have bought them, but I really have no use for them. Doubt they would be a very good match with my Khorns as surrounds..... so it would simply be in my way more than anything else.

Bryant