Joining the Palladium guys (pics page 9)

Scrappydue

for that kind of money bill i think i could come up with something a bit better

Yeah I know that.  Just mentioned because of the Denon matching thing going on.

I know the POA-A1HDCI is crazy $$$ but it is also a very high quality amp that can easily hold it's with some of the big boys. 

Maybe Dachuckster will consider selling his Outlaw Audio amp separately and shipping to Mo.

For Sale; Marantz 8801 & Outlaw 7700 (200wpc) Amp

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/156096-for-sale-marantz-8801-outlaw-7700-200wpc-amp/

Bill

Edited by willland

I didn't make the connection until I googled Aragon Palladium and found this:  http://www.aragonav.com/palladium-1k-klipsch

The amp is also named Palladium.  -coincidence, I don't think so?!?

Electronics certainly do make a difference.  Klipsch was still distributing Aragon when I held my Palladium P-38/sub classical music demo in Indy several years ago, and the Aragon electronics' sound was wonderful -- lively, clear, very musical, stood out as very attractive real music.

When I got back there just a couple of years later, Klipsch had switched out the Aragon and put in an Integra pre-pro instead.  The result was between very disappointing and sickening -- all the good characteristics had vanished and the Palladium system no longer sounded that special.  There had been no changes in the speaker or cable complement.

Be SURE to get good-sounding electronics on those babies!!!

Larry

Edited by etc6849

I didn't make the connection until I googled Aragon Palladium and found this:  http://www.aragonav.com/palladium-1k-klipsch

I think the k in the name is for Klipsch and the amp is also named Palladium.  -coincidence, I don't think so?!?

Electronics certainly do make a difference.  Klipsch was still distributing Aragon when I held my Palladium P-38/sub classical music demo in Indy several years ago, and the Aragon electronics' sound was wonderful -- lively, clear, very musical, stood out as very attractive real music.

When I got back there just a couple of years later, Klipsch had switched out the Aragon and put in an Integra pre-pro instead.  The result was between very disappointing and sickening -- all the good characteristics had vanished and the Palladium system no longer sounded that special.  There had been no changes in the speaker or cable complement.

Be SURE to get good-sounding electronics on those babies!!!

Larry

I'm not so sure about that connection. That Aragon amp came out 6 years before Klipsch started the Palladium line.

Larry, I wonder if the pair of P38s you listened to at the Klipsch HQ are the same ones in my living room right now
In one way, I hope not!  I'd rather Klipsch had a good Palladium setup on display.  But only if they helped demo the line to visitors and Pilgrims.  But that wouldn't do much good if that Integra's still there! :ph34r:

OTOH, you have a great system if so!

• Like 1

Look........Just got my RF-7 II s. Could NOT be happier. I need to see stuff like this, like a hole in the head! Got the Cherrywood. Fine pieces of furniture. They look like a nice 69 vette compared to a new Ferrari when compared to the Palladiums. Both well respected, but...........

Nice speakers man! Wow. The elite of the elite!

When is this going to end!?!

Edited by Woodekk
  • Like 3

Look........Just got my RF-7 II s. Could NOT be happier. I need to see stuff like this, like a hole in the head! Got the Cherrywood. Fine pieces of furniture. They look like a nice 69 vette compared to a new Ferrari when compared to the Palladiums. Both well respected, but...........

Nice speakers man! Wow. The elite of the elite!

When is this going to end!?!

when will it end? Well I have palladiums and cinema in the same house. I very well could be done shopping for some years.
  • Like 2

And why do I somehow doubt it will be a few years?
COME ON!!!

Scrappy, your in denial. Cant you use another system just like that in your bedroom? Garage? Oh the Humanity!!! I need to change my user name to: Chasing Scrappy! DAAAMMMM  those look great.
well that is the deal, i am selling systems that i already have for my bedroom and garage stuff to pay for these. i have MUCH more gear than what i list below for my signature. you should see my storage room in the back of my theater right now. its like a small klipsch warehouse.  

I very well could be done shopping for some years.

:unsure:  ;)

I doubt that.  You may never be A/V content.  :D

As Dr. Phil may say, "The best predictor of future behavior is past(current) behavior." :o  :D

With that said, nice speakers.

Bill

I very well could be done shopping for some years.

:unsure:;)

I doubt that. You may never be A/V content. :D

As Dr. Phil may say, "The best predictor of future behavior is past(current) behavior." :o:D

With that said, nice speakers.

Bill

bill my wife and son went to bed early tonight. I've had free reign of the living room from 8-10. I threw in Dave Matthews and I have to say I have watched this a hundred times. However when I say that I mean about three different songs. This time I just hit play. Wow! So much good stuff. I will say I am enjoying these speakers more and more. Wanna get a new avr with either xt-32 or I may move up to something a little more high end. Just not sure what. Have been wanting to give anthem a try forever. But been reading on arcam. Was on Mcintosh site drooling and dreaming. They use audyssey xt on their prepros. Thought that was awesome. Good enough for Mac must not be too shabby lol

I threw in Dave Matthews and I have to say I have watched this a hundred times. However when I say that I mean about three different songs. This time I just hit play. Wow! So much good stuff.

Funny you say that.  I watched the whole concert again yesterday and every time I am amazed at the A/V quality.

Bar none, the best(audio and video) produced BD/DVD concert I have ever experienced.  That is up against some stiff competition like David Gilmore Live at Albert Hall and Eagles Farewell I Tour Live From Melbourne.

I will say I am enjoying these speakers more and more.

I would enjoy just looking at them. ;) 

Wanna get a new avr with either xt-32 or I may move up to something a little more high end.

If I was in the market, I would jump on the above mentioned Marantz 8801/Outlaw 7700 combo.

Bill