Joining the Palladium guys (pics page 9)

Scrappydue

Merlot

How long have you had yours?

I've had them for 2 years

Man, there are some bad@$$ systems on this forum!  Very nice pic's  Ceptorman.

Thanks, they are very nice. I like the fact that they don't take up much room, they are heavy though. I wouldn't call my system "bad@$$" though. I power them with an eight year old Yamaha AVR, 7.2 x100. I do not have a center, I have Polk surrounds and Polk sub. That might be the only drawback with Palladiums, to keep it all Palladium, it's a huge investment. I might have the only system that sounds better when I start turning off speakers(Polks) :D

After being recently re-married, and adopting two teenage daughters, I find I'm missing some of my previous disposable income! I would love to update to all Palladium (like Scrappy has) but the finances aren't quite there yet. I gave up racing motorcycles around the midwest and the south too since my life changed, but I do not regret anything.

My next move will probably be a DAC and a two channel amp, to properly power these speakers. We are okay with the present HT sound. It does sound okay.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Photos look great.  I did make some suggestions (shoot low and angle upwards and turn off lights in your room to remove reflections) but I see you didn't take my advice.  :D:lol::P :P   Just busting ya bro.  Pics look great.

Photos look great.  I did make some suggestions (shoot low and angle upwards and turn off lights in your room to remove reflections) but I see you didn't take my advice.  :D:lol::P :P   Just busting ya bro.  Pics look great.

ohhhh i thought you meant you like to do that all the time. didnt think you meant with gear? lol 

bookshelves showed up today. had a short listening session before they were put away as they will not work in my room so they will be sold. but i had to buy them to get the deal i was after from the seller. they sound better than the towers where they were sitting. much better imaging, and soundstage was huge. wish i could leave towers out from the wall and further apart. 

16919472455_e9d0c518ff_b.jpg

16893542146_3112cbcaba_b.jpg

16712140947_58737d7f46_b.jpg

the build quality on these is just unreal. the cabinets are a work of art. i believe i read somewhere that BMW had a hand in designing them.

16299458343_480b346d29_b.jpg

• Like 1

going off of audio memory, its easy for me to say i loved my rc-64 until i heard a better center. then after that my rc-64 just seemed a little nasally to me. the kl-650 did not share that attribute at all. to me the kl-650 is a step up if you are a HT guy over music. i know metro prefers the 64 for multichannel music, and if i ever listened to that i probably would have as well. but to me a center is designed for voices. so kl-50 had my vote for home use UNTIL NOW.....

16731819808_7fc552425b_b.jpg

this center is  a monster in size and sound. it is clear as a whistle and to me easily the best center klipsch makes for home use. one day i will take it down stairs and find a way to try it out against a 904. also have a buddy wanting to take it to his house to try against his legacy silverscreen HD. which until i got this was the best center i have heard that isn't monstrous and hideous to look at. now when i go to his place i think they are about on par with each other but hard to tell until they are actually side by side. 

• Like 4

next up is the P-312 Subwoofer from klipsch. excuse the sticker still being on the display. it stays for a bit. 

16733297059_5a43b16da7_b.jpg

so i haven't done much listening with this yet. so more on it soon. i will say it shakes my room quite a bit so far!  B)

• Like 3

so bookshelves are what i wanted but i knew they would not work so i ordered the surrounds. man i love them. i still wish i could have used the bookshelves to keep everything 3 way, but i do love the TALL slender look of these. they are way taller than the reference surrounds. and the top and bottom caps are the same wood veneer finish. 

16731822788_be3e3d330f_b.jpg

these have the ability to run sealed or ported. i left them sealed. 

16732058960_78fecb4fbe_b.jpg

so same with these haven't had much time to play with these and the sub. i will say this is the first setup i have ever had that audyssey set everything to full range. and that so far is exactly what these have a very FULL BODIED sound to them. i of course don't like running large so i changed everything to an 80 hz global crossover. but they still sound very full compared to the rp-250 they just replaced. 

• Like 3