Joining the Palladium guys (pics page 9)

Scrappydue

Nice write up Scrappy. I had a feeling the more you experimented with those speakers the more you would like them. Are you still considering selling them? It's amazing what a proper amount of power does with these, and room treatments sure help. I'm glad you're liking them more.

it all depends. i really want a truck. bad. to get one i may have to let the second setup go. and if i had to pick one right now it would be the palladiums. if i knew for sure we were getting into a house where i could not use the cinema then i would try and sell them and keep the palladiums. its all really gonna depend on how much money i need for down payment on a truck. but living in Missouri i use my parents truck a lot and am always asking friends to use theirs. it sucks. i hate HAVING to borrow something. 

Just got caught-up on the thread.....Scrappydue......those are just...just...just....loss for words.....if I lived within 100 miles...I would invite myself over...lol lol

Dude you are da'man....enjoy...

MKP :-)

more than welcome 

Merlot

How long have you had yours?

I've had them for 2 years

Man, there are some bad@$$ systems on this forum!  Very nice pic's  Ceptorman.

Thanks, they are very nice. I like the fact that they don't take up much room, they are heavy though. I wouldn't call my system "bad@$$" though. I power them with an eight year old Yamaha AVR, 7.2 x100. I do not have a center, I have Polk surrounds and Polk sub. That might be the only drawback with Palladiums, to keep it all Palladium, it's a huge investment. I might have the only system that sounds better when I start turning off speakers(Polks) :D

After being recently re-married, and adopting two teenage daughters, I find I'm missing some of my previous disposable income! I would love to update to all Palladium (like Scrappy has) but the finances aren't quite there yet. I gave up racing motorcycles around the midwest and the south too since my life changed, but I do not regret anything.

My next move will probably be a DAC and a two channel amp, to properly power these speakers. We are okay with the present HT sound. It does sound okay.

I can relate to a couple of those statements, Ceptorman.  I raced motorcycles in the '70's and in the '80s.  Rather than borrowing money to pay for it, I worked hard, doing lots of overtime, and later taking on two jobs.

After two seasons with limited success in the mid-'70s, I sold my racebike (Yamaha TD-3) and quit racing.  After two years passed, I was pleased to see that I now had the money to finance buying a used Corvette.

Eventually, I got tired of telling the same old racing stories, and thinking I should give it another shot before I got too old, I got back into racing after six years away from the track.  This time I stuck to more affordable classes (600 Production and GP and 750 Production) and didn't feel so cash-strapped all the time.  I had lots more success, and that was great.  However, by then I was in my mid-thirties and didn't bounce as well as I had when I was younger.  A fall that would have resulted in bruises now resulted in fractures, so after four more years I reluctantly hung up my leathers.

This time, the hard work for racing meant I had the money for a down payment on a house, so the next year the gf and I gave up on apartment living and got a nice bungalow.  Now I'm on the West Coast in my own condo, but that's another story.

Your second statement that your system sounds better when you start turning off speakers applies to my system, too.  For example, when watching SNL, the receiver will be in DTS Neo:6 Music, but when the musical guest comes on, I switch it to Straight.

In DTS, the full system is live, but in Straight mode the front centre Belle, the rear centre Heresy III, and the side surround La Scalas are all cut out, as well as the receiver's power amplifier.  The signal comes through the MX-D1 power amps (one for the woofers, one for the tweeters) directly to the 510 JubScala IIs, and the sound is obviously clearer and has more authority and realism.  In this case, two speakers are much better than six.

Getting back to you, what kind of bikes did you race, and did you do it for long?  I raced in eastern Canada and the northeastern US at a number of tracks and it was great fun.  I've attached a photo of the bike I did best on, the 1983 RZ350.  It was more than a match for GPZ550s and could beat Interceptor 750s and GPZ750s occasionally.  The lean angle doesn't look much these days, showing how the evolution of tires and bikes is actually easy to see over time.

post-21606-0-42880000-1428293097_thumb.j

Edited by Islander
  • Like 1

Nice photo Islander. I raced WERA for a couple years on a Suzuki SV650 Superbike….90hp and 315 lbs. I had a lot of fun, and met some terrific people. The racing crowd is a pretty good group of people. Those 250 2 stoke race bikes are still very popular. Honda, Yamaha, and Aprillia are the most popular, they seem more like a pure bred race bike. 

I know what you mean about getting older and not bouncing back so quickly. I didn't start racing until my late 40s, and now in my early 50s, my racing days are probably over. I still have a street bike and the SV, I might try a few track days this year. Actually racing is probably safer than track days, you never know when you might come across the next crazy Rossi wannabe.

Do you go to either of the MotoGP races here in the states? Pretty amazing machines.

sorry
no need to be sorry.  :emotion-21:  

I actually know much more about motorcycles than sound equipment….but I do get carried away talking about it sometimes :D

Just curious….are you as impressed with your P312 as you are with the P17s, P27c, or P37s? How does it compare to some other subs you've owned? 

Just curious….are you as impressed with your P312 as you are with the P17s, P27c, or P37s? How does it compare to some other subs you've owned? 
 i am very impressed. its easily the best klipsch sub i have heard. but that isn't saying a ton. it has really clean output. keeps up just fine in my room. very tactile. i haven't measured how low it plays in my room but I'm guessing below 20z. its a good sub for sure. and it matches  :emotion-21:
  • Like 2