Joining the Palladium guys (pics page 9)

Scrappydue

Dang, I find myself getting excited too. Its like living your life over thru your kids! I'm living my "speaker heaven" thru you. Cant wait to hear review on this move. Scrappy has/have some great gear to compare it too. Definitely a review I would trust. Although, maybe not, maybe he should lend em to me so I could do a review????

Its good to see forum members getting this kind of gear.

bookshelves canceled. towers payed for. center will be here today. i will try and get some pics up tonight

When I was reading in your earlier post that there was an option for maybe some towers, I figured they were as good as sold to you! Congratulations! I have never heard them but they sure do look awesome!

• Moderators

Congratulations dude, you are quickly going thru the whole lineup of Klipsch. You will surely know what you like and don't. :emotion-21:

I'm not sure but I think there is a "no planking " rule with Palladiums ? :o

I have heard the towers, they are very impressive, your in for a treat. 

Congratulations dude, you are quickly going thru the whole lineup of Klipsch. You will surely know what you like and don't. :emotion-21:

I'm not sure but I think there is a "no planking " rule with Palladiums ? :o

I have heard the towers, they are very impressive, your in for a treat. 

yeah can't plank a downward slope lol

Congrats Steven.   I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on them. 

thanks youth. i am anxious for some listening but it will have to wait till the weekend for sure. hopefully the towers will be here saturday. 

bookshelves canceled. towers payed for. center will be here today. i will try and get some pics up tonight
Just curious:  are you getting the sub? 

you know i have been debating it. if i do it will be because my ocd says a matching finish is the ONLY way to go. if a good deal comes up on a svs sb-13 ultra i will snag it. if not......i have no clue what i'm gonna do. limited room, has to have a gorgeous finish, and needs to be matching performance. i am used to 4 18's in the basement. if this was my house a horn sub or IB would go in the ceiling. would just make that much more space for the towers to be spread out. 

LarryC, on 05 Mar 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:   Scrappydue, on 04 Mar 2015 - 2:11 PM, said: bookshelves canceled. towers payed for. center will be here today. i will try and get some pics up tonight Just curious:  are you getting the sub?      you know i have been debating it. if i do it will be because my ocd says a matching finish is the ONLY way to go. if a good deal comes up on a svs sb-13 ultra i will snag it. if not......i have no clue what i'm gonna do. limited room, has to have a gorgeous finish, and needs to be matching performance.

I was thinking specifically of the Palladium sub, in which you could have a matched finish.  In my classical demo in Indy a few years ago, the Dvorak New World symphony on a pair of P-38's with matching sub sounded beyond wonderful.  The sub added tremendously realistic and clear foundational bass from the string basses.  The bass from the same recording was notably less impressive on the nearby P-39's without the sub.  I personally would want a Palladium sub on a P-38 system if I could afford it and had the room.

Edited by LarryC
  • Like 1

you know i have been debating it. if i do it will be because my ocd says a matching finish is the ONLY way to go. if a good deal comes up on a svs sb-13 ultra i will snag it. if not......i have no clue what i'm gonna do. limited room, has to have a gorgeous finish, and needs to be matching performance. i am used to 4 18's in the basement. if this was my house a horn sub or IB would go in the ceiling. would just make that much more space for the towers to be spread out.

Build some TC sounds 15's with a small box made of baltic birch. You can keep them raw and just put clear polyurethane over it, or stain it first to match something else. I've done it before and it turns out real nice, much nicer than painting. Would be very small and nice looking and surely those TC Sounds drivers sound real nice.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Aside from being happy for you, which I am, regardless of not knowing you, I'm also excited about witnessing the unfolding of someone's dream setup come to fruition. It gives this commoner hope. Congratulations!

thanks man. but dream setup is some mcm grand's behind about a 400" screen in a mini movie theater. and when i say mini i mean dang near full size. lol

Congrats Scrappy!! Only a few more heritage speakers to go and I think you have owned just about every model made.

keeping my eyes peeled for some k-horns one day. no corners now. 

Build some TC sounds 15's with a small box made of baltic birch. You can keep them raw and just put clear polyurethane over it, or stain it first to match something else. I've done it before and it turns out real nice, much nicer than painting. Would be very small and nice looking and surely those TC Sounds drivers sound real nice.
eh maybe. gotta first setup these and make sure i like everything. then gotta figure out how much space i actually have to build or buy a new sub.