hsu Vtf15 mk2 or psa v1500 Which to go with? opinions needed

jordan122345

Okay so originally I was looking between the klipsch r115sw and the svs pb2000. Now that a few of you have chimed in and showed the better values out there. I am now looking between the hsu Vtf15 mk2 and the psa v1500 which are in the same price range and only $300 more than the 2 I was originally looking at. I also remeasured my living room and it is 12'deep and 22' wide and opens up into a smaller kitchen. So opinions would be awesome. Thanks ron

Edited by jordan122345

After buying a new to me receiver a few minutes ago buying both,is,not an option

It is strange when you are looking for one item, you end up looking at other stuff.  I try to stay out of the Grarage Sale thread.  Money has a way of burning  in our hands, lol.

• Like 1

It wasn't even in the garage sale section which makes it worse But looking closer at the specs on the 2 subs there is some differences

Klipsch r115sw 15" 400 watts rms/800 watts and is 18hz-125hz

Svs pb2000 12" 500 watts rms/1100 watts peak and is 17hz-260hz

So just on specs alone is there gonna be a sound difference

Oh I see. So how big of a difference is that 260hz vs the 125hz is it really possible that the svs goes that much higher

In real world listening it won't matter because the sub will be crossed over (via the AVR) and only play the frequencies below 80Hz or so...

And the extra 100 watts of power in the SVS is very minimal in regards to continuos output. In reality it would net you just less than 1 dB more than the Klipsch. As every 3 dB increase in SPL output requires double the power.

Having said that SVS built their reputation on quality subs and you're unlikely to find a better price/performance ratio... unless you build something yourself.

• Like 1