hsu Vtf15 mk2 or psa v1500 Which to go with? opinions needed

jordan122345

Buy one of the PSA subwoofers mentioned, at least it was made here in the USA.

Sorry but getting kinda sick of all the SVS accolades from the fanboys, they arent the greatist subs in the world + made in Communist sweatshops in China.

• Like 2

get the new klipsch   all the members that have them are giving it great reviews

The r115sw is getting pretty good reviews for sure and I can a pair of them for not too much more than the 1 psa v1500. But I have zero room currently for 2 of them and I do not want to try and stack them

you don't need 2 of them

I'm running a very similar setup as him and I don't agree with this, at least with home theater at pretty loud volumes.  Two opens things up nicely and smooths things out.  I tried running just one of them even though I had two but didn't like it much.  Even SVS will tell you to run two of their cheaper ones rather than one PB-13 Ultra.  Only reason to run one is due to budget concerns but it should be viewed as a temporary compromise in my opinion.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Sorry but getting kinda sick of all the SVS accolades from the fanboys, they arent the greatist subs in the world + made in Communist sweatshops in China.

There's always this one company who is better at marketing and fanboys consider them the greatest due to this, no matter what industry.  Casper is the SVS of the mattress world for example.  

If he needs 2 will be determined by his room and where he can position the sub.. Not because others needed 2 to meet their needs.

As far as SVS subs go, thier quality, price and customer service are hard to beat. I agree, some people can be blinded by badges and their input is usually more hurtful than it is helpful. Every industry has fanboys, some more than others.

Oh, Klipsch subs and speakers are also made in communist China. PSA and Reaction Audio should not be overlooked.

get the new klipsch all the members that have them are giving it great reviews

I will 2nd that!!!

I tried running just one of them even though I had two but didn't like it much.

I hooked up my 1st 115 for a listen (#2 was not to arrive for another day).  Listened for about 5 minutes shut everything down!  NOT happy, just one was not enough.  The whole room felt lopsided. 

Now, both running, PURE BLISS :biggrin: 

♪ ♫ ♪

we really listen to when you talk... I am in the same boat as OP. these are the exact two subs I am looking at (because two hornloadeds are not going to happen for me anytime soon unless I can get someone to build them for me and ship them). does the 15" vs 12" having less distortion argument hold true since both enclosures are vented?

If he needs 2 will be determined by his room and where he can position the sub.. Not because others needed 2 to meet their needs.

A second sub will not even fit in my current place. Now once I buy a house then yes for sure a 2nd one will be in order

How big exactly is the current place?

I hooked up my 1st 115 for a listen (#2 was not to arrive for another day).  Listened for about 5 minutes shut everything down!  NOT happy, just one was not enough.  The whole room felt lopsided. 

Now, both running, PURE BLISS :biggrin: 

I don't know how to describe it but the lopsidedness kind of sums it up. I feel like up high there is something about them that is directional like there is a box resonance that makes it boomy and you can tell where it is located. Regardless of the output, just one by itself wasn't really omnidirectional and all encapsulating. I felt like two that were spread apart smoothed this out. I don't feel that this was something that would be fixed had I had a much smaller room than my 15x20 one. Maybe the output down low would be better though.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

does the 15" vs 12" having less distortion argument hold true since both enclosures are vented?

If you were comparing the R-112SW vs the R-115SW, I would say yes being both are same design from same company, but different woofer sizes, amp power, and cabinet size. 

Since we are talking different size subs, with different amps from different companies, that would be hard to answer.

Bill

we really listen to when you talk... I am in the same boat as OP. these are the exact two subs I am looking at (because two hornloadeds are not going to happen for me anytime soon unless I can get someone to build them for me and ship them). does the 15" vs 12" having less distortion argument hold true since both enclosures are vented?

Depends on the drivers.

Comparing one driver type and size to another without measurements is pure speculation.

A second sub will not even fit in my current place. Now once I buy a house then yes for sure a 2nd one will be in order

How big exactly is the current place? 

I hooked up my 1st 115 for a listen (#2 was not to arrive for another day).  Listened for about 5 minutes shut everything down!  NOT happy, just one was not enough.  The whole room felt lopsided.  Now, both running, PURE BLISS :biggrin: 

I don't know how to describe it but the lopsidedness kind of sums it up. I feel like up high there is something about them that is directional like there is a box resonance that makes it boomy and you can tell where it is located. Regardless of the output, just one by itself wasn't really omnidirectional and all encapsulating. I felt like two that were spread apart smoothed this out. I don't feel that this was something that would be fixed had I had a much smaller room than my 15x20 one. Maybe the output down low would be better though.

My living room is about 11x16

My living room is about 11x16

One of either sub should do the trick with no problem.

For kicks and giggles one day, I took one of my previous Paradigm Servo 15's into my 13L x 13W x 10H room just to see(hear) what it would do and the way it pressurized the room was astounding.

Your room is of very similar size and should not present any challenges if you were to get any of the subs you first mentioned or any suggested to you.

Bill

Edited by willland