hsu Vtf15 mk2 or psa v1500 Which to go with? opinions needed

jordan122345

Well now I am thinking just going with 1 good sub that will not only work in my current room but also work in my new bigger living room when I finally move. So even though I am very very impatient I think I may go with the psa v1500 when it is back in stock for $1049 especially if it will keep up with the rythmik fv15hp

Edited by jordan122345

Okay so I am trying to decide between klipsch r115sw and the svs pb2000 subs My living room is pretty small at 11x16 and will be 90% movies and 10% music . The 2 are pretty similar spec wise the klipsch is 400 watts rms and digs down to 18htz with a 15" and the svs is 500 watts rms digging down to 17htz with a 12" I can get them both a the same price delivered and from an authorized deal which one to do is my question hoping to find someone that has heard both thanks as always Ron

Klipsch for me -

• Like 1

Wonder why nobody ever mentions the R-112SW. All anybody ever talks about is the 15 and nothing else. Doesn't dig AS deep as the 15 but in a small room you'd get some boost. Curious as to if two of those could work well for somebody in a small area.

• Like 1

Well now I am,thinking just going with 1 good sun that will not only work in my current room but also work in my new bigger living room when I finally move. So even though I am,very very impatient I think I may go with the psa v1500 when it is back in stock for $1049

Sounds like a solid plan bud!

Well now I am,thinking just going with 1 good sun that will not only work in my current room but also work in my new bigger living room when I finally move. So even though I am,very very impatient I think I may go with the psa v1500 when it is back in stock for $1049

Sounds like a solid plan bud!

We will see if it works out that way

Call me crazy but here is one that might be worth a shot.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/eld/4917116887.html

Send amp here.

http://www.ebcelectronics.com/velodyne-hgs-18-subwoofer-Repair-Service.html

For a tad over $700.00 you would have a behemoth extremely musical super low distortion subwoofer that retailed for $3000.00.

Last completed sale on Ebay sold for $1025.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VELODYNE-HGS-18-KING-OF-THE-DEEP-NEEDS-NEW-HOME-VERY-HARD-TO-FIND-/301517178540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4633d306ac

Bill

• Like 1

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-18-ultimax-subwoofer-and-cabinet-package--300-7099

http://www.parts-express.com/behringer-nu3000dsp-inuke-3000-watt-power-amplifier-with-dsp--248-6706

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-bpa-38g-hd-binding-post-pair-gold--091-1245

http://www.lowes.com/pd_41218-970-75004_0__?productId=3397564&Ntt=wood+glue&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dwood%2Bglue&facetInfo=

Around $650 plus minor things like 8 screws and a small spool of speaker wire and maybe some poly fill and paint. Easily less than $700, or $800 if you don't have a drill. All brand new, and that box can be assembled easily by most anybody in a short period of time. I think the only tool you need is a drill. Clamps would be nice but could be done without any. In a room your size one sealed would be plenty. My room is right at twice your volume and I'm running two up front, I have to be pretty selective on material plus run them pretty hot to get to where its not enough.

An 18 may sound big but that box is significantly smaller than the PSA you're looking at. 28" x 22" x 29 on the PSA vs. 23" H x 20" W x 20.75" D on this.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

when a stereo shop doesn't want to fix it. I would think there might be further issues. I could be wrong but seems weird

Just because they sell speakers doesn't mean they know how to debug and repair electronics. Big difference. Even if they did they may not want to spend the effort. Yeah they could probably ship it off elsewhere to get it fixed, and they might never break even. Usually easier to just dump stuff at a discount. I sell trailers but if I had one that needed repairs, I sure ain't going to fix it assuming it is road safe. I'm going to discount it while disclosing it and let somebody looking for a deal grab it for cheap and fix it themselves.

when a stereo shop doesn't want to fix it. I would think there might be further issues. I could be wrong but seems weird

Just because they sell speakers doesn't mean they know how to debug and repair electronics. Big difference. Even if they did they may not want to spend the effort. Yeah they could probably ship it off elsewhere to get it fixed, and they might never break even. Usually easier to just dump stuff at a discount. I sell trailers but if I had one that needed repairs, I sure ain't going to fix it assuming it is road safe. I'm going to discount it while disclosing it and let somebody looking for a deal grab it for cheap and fix it themselves.

I may take a look into this one possibly. I looked up the specs and damn 18" with 1250 watts rms and down to 15hz. Could be interesting for sure

If you're considering a big 18, I'm still curious as to what the space issue is with two subs on your 11x16 room.  I only have 12' to play with due to doors and I can fit two 30" wide 18's with a very similar LCR setup as you, with room to spare.  Below is what a 12' wall looks like with what you have plus two huge 18's look like.  Subtract 20" for two Klipsch R-115 SW.  If you don't want it or can't afford it I totally understand, but, it would fit just fine.  Two of those 15's in this room was rattling dishes pretty hard 2/3 of the way across a pretty long house, a few rooms over.  

room2_zpsa4f8fc9c.jpg

• Like 1

I can vouch for the quality of Hsu subs. My first real sub was a 12" Hsu VTF-3 MK3 with turbo and it's still rocking away today at my good buddies house. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Hsu in person, he's straight up awesome guy who loves his work and shows in the products his company makes.