hsu Vtf15 mk2 or psa v1500 Which to go with? opinions needed

jordan122345

Oh believe me sir bill if I had the room or the extra money for 2 r115sw's I proably would. Plus I can get a pair for $1250 shipped but don't really want to spend that much when I can the hsu vtf15h for $852 shipped and should be here before the week is over. Or I can wait till the first week of April for the psa v1500 or the hsu vtf15h mk2 for $1050. So I may save my money and get the vtf15h 1st edition

I really don't see how you don't have the room. As for the money it's not really much difference, and there's no way one of these more expensive subs can hang with two Klipsch if it's output that you're after. I don't see it happening. Your room is significantly bigger than what you started out saying. Two would be badass in that room.

• Like 1

My roommate will throw a shitfit i got 2 subs. And I am positive it would sound awesome with the 2 klipsch subs. But I am also positive that I will get kicked out for disturbing the peace with them both going. Now that may happen anyways with just one sun in my place,but we will see what happens. Also I am already $300 over my budget as is so another $200 will be way to far over budget. LOL

Edited by jordan122345

Ha ha ha...... I understand where you are at. When my sub crapped out, I went through the same ordeal. Ultimately, I decided to re-amp my sub. Before I made that decision, I searched the net furiously on subs, reading reviews etc. 

Oh believe me sir bill if I had the room or the extra money for 2 r115sw's I proably would. Plus I can get a pair for $1250 shipped but don't really want to spend that much when I can the hsu vtf15h for $852 shipped and should be here before the week is over. Or I can wait till the first week of April for the psa v1500 or the hsu vtf15h mk2 for $1050. So I may save my money and get the vtf15h 1st edition

What about the VTF-3 MK5 ? It is 100 bills cheaper than the VTF-15 and has the same amp and what looks like the same driver. The performance is very similar. I think that was the one I was looking into before I re-amped my sub. 

Bryant

I did look at the vt3 mk5 for a little bit but finally figured it would be worth the extra $100 to go with the bigger vtf15h mk2 which will dig a bit deeper for minimal cost

It is definitely hard waiting after looking for so long, but it should he worth it to pick up the sub you really want. I have spent the last several months reading countless reviews, this forum and AVS in search of a new sub to upgrade from my SW 112. I started off with a budget of $750 targeting the PB 2000 (which I would have certainly been happy with) and ended up crushing my budget and ordering a SB 13 Ultra on Monday. The subwoofer section on AVS can be a very costly place to hang out at! As others have mentioned, all of the subs you are looking at are great choices and no matter which one you get it will be awesome.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new sub ebdixson. I have been eyeballing the SB-13 for quite some time. I am just waiting to see Reaction Audio's new offerings when they come out next week before I pull the trigger.

Be sure to make a thread sharing your impressions of that beauty.

A pair of R-115SW's for $1250 shipped.  Link please!

Just a place I used to work for back in Montana. Friend deal I guess

I bet that new PSA will trounce that old Velodyne Bill.

Explain trounce to me? :unsure:  :D

Bill 

trounce

verb (used with object)trounced, trouncing.

1. to beat severely; thrash.
2. to punish.
3. to defeat decisively.

:D

A pair of R-115SW's for $1250 shipped. Link please!

Monty, call Nebraska Furniture Mart.  I got one for $649 shipped.  I called them and asked about availability and cost.  Originally the sales lady quoted $899.  Quite simply, I said to her, "oh, that is too much".  She asked me to hold.  After a moment, she was back, $649     -SOLD- :)   Worth a try...

I bet that new PSA will trounce that old Velodyne Bill.

Explain trounce to me? :unsure:  :D

Bill 

trounce

verb (used with object)trounced, trouncing.

1. to beat severely; thrash.
2. to punish.
3. to defeat decisively.

:D

I get the definition part, but in the subwoofer context, what is trouncing?  Louder, deeper?

Will it necessarily be cleaner and more musical.

Not doubting the PSA's ability just not so sure about the trounce part.

Bill

I doubt there is a single person on the planet that has heard both so my "trounce" statement is purely speculation. 

According to PSA, the V1500 was built to perform like the Rythmik FV15HP. If that is actually the case, I would imagine that the PSA will dig deeper than the big Klipsch. Again, this is merely speculation on my part. 

This coming from a guy that might be ordering dual R-115SW's if the new Reaction Audio subs don't appeal to me. $1,250 is hard to beat..

Edited by K5SS

Just a place I used to work for back in Montana. Friend deal I guess

That's cool ;)

Okay so no more waiting Damn it. I am ordering something tomorrow one way or another. So my choices due to in stock issues are the 2 klipsch r115sw's($1250). 1 svs pb12 plus ($1200).1 hsu Vtf15 mk1($850) 1 hsu vtf3 mk5($890). I am not wanting to go higher since my original budget was $700 all prices are shipped to me prices

I still believe the PSA would dig deeper but the dual Klipsch subs even out the room response and have more overall output.

Just order them man, you will love the decision. You will also have more free time on your hands. Win, win;)

• Like 2

Just order them man
!!!

yes, 2nd that!!!  After a week with my dual 115's I am left nearly speechless!  Get them and don't look back.  (however, I do suggest taking cookies to all of the neighbors LOL)

♪ ♫ ♪

3rd that….that's a no brainer.

• Like 1

2 Klipsch R115SW's.

Order them and never look back.

Is there any possible way of the psa v1500 or the hsu Vtf15 mk2 keeping up with the 2 klipsch subs

Not that I can think of.  Time to stop over thinking this and get out your credit card.  You can thank us later.

• Like 2