Khorn for sale! sold

gsxrfun86

At around $4,000 a crack, I can have Carl build me multiples of something that will probably dig deeper as well, but I still want to hear one at least. Since Kevin already has two KPT-684s like myself, it should make for a great comparison of what I am after when he orders his. Just hope Roy is in town in April, but it does not look like that will happen!

Roger

you mean Carl is that good of a carpenter - I had no idea - great to know

No, I wasn't talking about reproducing the 1802, I would either buy a pair of Klipsch Originals or have Carl build me 2 or 4 of something with a much longer Horn than the 1802 (meaning that it will dig deeper) and a much better 18 inch driver with a lot more x-mas, so it will move a lot more air. He PMd me about a few horns on the AVS forums that are very interesting. I could build 4 for the same or less than two 1802s and trump them in every way except they would not be Klipsch.

Roger

i know there is probably bigger but what about the gjallerhorn? Recently heard a pair of these and OMG! new favorite subwoofers. You better give me first dibs on them 684's :)

Scrappy,

That is precisely what Carl sent me info on and I was thinking two or possibly four of them. Is there anyway I could audition the ones you listened to??

Rog

At around $4,000 a crack, I can have Carl build me multiples of something that will probably dig deeper as well, but I still want to hear one at least. Since Kevin already has two KPT-684s like myself, it should make for a great comparison of what I am after when he orders his. Just hope Roy is in town in April, but it does not look like that will happen!

Roger

you mean Carl is that good of a carpenter - I had no idea - great to know
No, I wasn't talking about reproducing the 1802, I would either buy a pair of Klipsch Originals or have Carl build me 2 or 4 of something with a much longer Horn than the 1802 (meaning that it will dig deeper) and a much better 18 inch driver with a lot more x-mas, so it will move a lot more air. He PMd me about a few horns on the AVS forums that are very interesting. I could build 4 for the same or less than two 1802s and trump them in every way except they would not be Klipsch.

Roger

i know there is probably bigger but what about the gjallerhorn? Recently heard a pair of these and OMG! new favorite subwoofers. You better give me first dibs on them 684's :)
Scrappy,

That is precisely what Carl sent me info on and I was thinking two or possibly four of them. Is there anyway I could audition the ones you listened to??

Rog

pm sent!

you mean Carl is that good of a carpenter

Nope, just your average wood butcher that likes making saw dust.

how is the weather in Texas ,is it hot enough so you can you open the doors and vent the workshops - we are still in the deep freeze down here -

you mean Carl is that good of a carpenter

Nope, just your average wood butcher that likes making saw dust.

how is the weather in Texas ,is it hot enough so you can you open the doors and vent the workshops - we are still in the deep freeze down here -

I've had the AC on at the house the last couple days.  Last night I was in the garage putting the driver in my latest project and had to keep stopping to wipe sweat off my forehead so it wouldn't drip on the box.

possibly four of them

you have an arena you need to fill with bass?

Hi Carl!

Was thinking ahead to when I build a dedicated room for my home Theatre. Was thinking along the lines of 1.5 time the golden mean cube or around 24' x 38' x 15' and using the horns as risers for the rear seating.

Rog

• Like 1