Happy Birthday PWK

Trey Cannon

• Klipsch Employees

Hello Klipsch.

I wanted to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to our founder Paul Wilber Klipsch. Today would have been his 111th birthday.

I knew Paul and Valerie a number of years before I started working for the company.  I only had a few conversations with him about audio. Most of our talks were about life.

We talked about love and loss, the past and the future and the usual planes, trains and automobiles.

Paul always struck me as a man that loved to learn. I could be about stuff or people or how the world worked, but he was always looking for new things and how to make the old things better.

I have seen him make changes to a math equation 40 years old while in his 90’s.  He had such an amazing mind. I miss his stories.

…I can just see him talking to Gabriel about changes his horn.

So, if you have a bottle of Scotch around, raise a glass to PWK. I know I will.

Trey Cannon – Systems Engineer

• Like 15

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr P back in 1981 when I was 14 and a budding young guitar player and music lover. I had an uncle who was a master craftsman/carpenter/cabinet maker who drove me to the Hope plant where we got a tour and met Mr P. He and my uncle talked a lot about woodworking and we got the plans for the La Scala's from him. Over the next few months, we built a pair of the cabinets and with money saved from hard mowing and 2 paper routes, I bought all of the drivers and had the crossover networks built by a guy who did sound systems for churches in the town I grew up in, and assembled them. They were awesome! The sad part is, I lost track of them somewhere in the 80's and have no clue where they got off to.

Thanks again for all you did and for showing me what the enjoyment of music could be like. Happy Birthday!

• Like 3

Paul's speakers enrich my life.  Right now, I'm listening to his La Scalas, JubScala IIs (thanks to Roy Delgado, too), Belle and Heresy III.  Every day, I look forward to listening to music, old favourites and interesting new tunes, through this system that was made possible by PWK's work and that of others at Klipsch and on this forum.

Yes, a toast to Paul is certainly in order!

• Like 3

I had met Paul 3 times,, when I was a teenager he treated and talked to me like I was adult and I never forgot it. I now talk to younger people as equal even though I was in no way close to Paul he did not treat me like most adults did.    Rick

• Like 3