Decorator Cornwalls

So my neighbor cut the grills for me today.Baltic Birch 5 layers. Ready for the cloth. He referred me to someone even better for veneer work. It looks like these might end up being mahogany veneer  lacquered, but I have to look at some others. I popped the grill on the right off. STUPID!

Mark

post-48599-0-02540000-1426720230_thumb.j

Edited by ZEUS121996

Ive slowed down a little bit, I'm trying to decide what veneer to go with. My neighbor who has been a trim guy for 35 years said at his shop is "THE BEST" veneer guy he has ever see. The guy doesnt use paper back veneer, he has been collecting veneers for 30 years and supposedly has everything. Right now I'm leaning to the 25 year old Mahogany, but that could change.The veneer guy is a hoarder so he's a little slow about selling any, but I'm sure for the right price......

The grills will have magnets under the veneer and on the back of the grill which has the "new" black Klipsch cloth.

I think I'm ging to repair the woofer, but eventually switch them out for the Kappa  15C which I heard at Lemonstrings house. The bass was a definite upgrade to me and for $220/pair delivered its hard to beat. I would be embarrassed to have some stunning cabs and woofers that have been visibly damaged.

I'm trying to get OPUS to sell me his orphan vertical so I can have 3 matching across the back. Belles up front with a KLF C7 and the 3 CWs for rears should be pretty good for the main room.

What was said when he dropped the phone? Not much really. I guess my eyes tell the story, so I pretty much got a "I'm really sorry" and a quick departure. What was there to be said? He feels bad, but not bad enough to come up with some Dough,Rae, Me.

Mark