Poll & Prediction: Autonomous Car Equipment at 5k by 2019

Mallette

Autonomous Vehicles: Good or Bad  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are autonomous vehicles a good witch, or a bad witch?

• Good
    • Bad

18 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I understand but was expressing the conversation wasn't "junior high antics," although admit it did get political...

Knowing the TOS and enforcement here as you do, that is "junior high antics" antics here as junior high is where you break the rules anyway knowing you will be called on it by somebody. 

Dave

1 minute ago, Mallette said:

Knowing the TOS and enforcement here as you do, that is "junior high antics" antics here as junior high is where you break the rules anyway knowing you will be called on it by somebody. 

Dave

Fwiw, I didn't engage until I saw one of the moderators get involved politically and admit that I find these discussions important when they are allowed to persist....Insofar as your ongoing junior high analogy--Take that crap; somewhere else given some of your responses to me over the years.

BS, ZT. You know I'd prefer the auld regime but fact is facts and I fully understand Klipsch's position. I know you full well as to when  you know you cross a line. I have no problem with it and you've never gotten any grief from me about it. I zap  spammers and spend too much time having to approve first posts 20 or more times a day, but I  like this place and the people in it and remain grateful to KGI that they maintain this place.

Take a break and see this which is a LOT more fun and just as across the line. 

Dave

I know you full well as to when  you know you cross a line.

I absolutely know when I come close, but as was pointed out I only joined after I found mods and others were doing so.

I have no problem with it and you've never gotten any grief from me about it.

Bullshit! 

15 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I absolutely know when I come close, but as was pointed out I only joined after I found mods and others were doing so.

Bullshit! 

Yes Bullshit.  I made one comment about Musk and one about a news agency before you went on a political tangent.

Where were you when I was trying to steer it away from politics?

I'll join Dave now in not going further. 

Yep, @billybob, something to be said there. Elon continues to do amazing things. One of them is reining himself in. He's beaten Boeing, functional 80 year arm of the government, but few really understand how much ahead of the game his tech is. That Dragon is a several generations ahead. Reduction of buttons from 2000 to 30???  Further, the Dragon is designed to soft land using the 50k lb. thrust Super Draco engines. They aren't even talking about that but I'd expect them to be doing soft landings within a year or so. That, plus reusable boosters, is a giant leap for mankind.

I think Tesla will do fine... It's just a sideline for him, but his name is associated and he needs the tech and the income for his real aspiration, Mars. It's great to live to see another, probably far more important, Henry Ford. Actually, sort of Henry Ford combined with Nicolai Tesla in that his ideas are nutty as Teslas but his methods are practical like Fords. 

Dave

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes Bullshit.  I made one comment about Musk and one about a news agency before you went on a political tangent.

Where were you when I was trying to steer it away from politics?

I'll join Dave now in not going further. 

Not quite Carl.  You said something about only one tweeted for financial gain.  It's water under the bridge, but there is no need to change history.

10 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Yep, @billybob, something to be said there. Elon continues to do amazing things. One of them is reining himself in. He's beaten Boeing, functional 80 year arm of the government, but few really understand how much ahead of the game his tech is. That Dragon is a several generations ahead. Reduction of buttons from 2000 to 30???  Further, the Dragon is designed to soft land using the 50k lb. thrust Super Draco engines. They aren't even talking about that but I'd expect them to be doing soft landings within a year or so. That, plus reusable boosters, is a giant leap for mankind.

I think Tesla will do fine... It's just a sideline for him, but his name is associated and he needs the tech and the income for his real aspiration, Mars. It's great to live to see another, probably far more important, Henry Ford. Actually, sort of Henry Ford combined with Nicolai Tesla in that his ideas are nutty as Teslas but his methods are practical like Fords. 

Dave

Can only disagree with one thing, Tesla and nuts...not seeking the almighty dollar, there could still have been revenue generated from his so called for free invention of wireless. Thinking now Elon, in his own cutting edge ideas are doing as much or more so for the environment versus the status quo. Remains to be seen yet, proof is in the pudding. Thanks Dave

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Not quite Carl.  You said something about only one tweeted for financial gain.  It's water under the bridge, but there is no need to change history.

I was referencing Travis's comment about Musk being told not to tweet and how it would effect stock prices.  You could argue that I was wrong, fine, but I wasn't intentionally turning the thread political. 

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I was referencing Travis's comment about Musk being told not to tweet and how it would effect stock prices.  You could argue that I was wrong, fine, but I wasn't intentionally turning the thread political. 

Would agree with this. Stock market is a tool or instrument to be at times influenced by political event. Certainly like political figures, a CEO can and does have influence over share price. They walk a fine line and tend to go with less said, unless they want scrutiny unwanted by regulation of their fiduciary position.