Scott Type 340 Amplifier for Sale--SOLD

Simitavi

Hi Again,

Another unit out of the "Hanke Treasure Trove" is a Scott Type 340 Amplifier.

Here is the story on the Scott Type 340 Amp/Tuner.  All tubes accounted for.  Hooked the unit up to 8 ohm speakers and FM antenna..and....it WORKED!....all functions seem to work just fine.  (Of course, with both Scott units, they do not seem to have a top cover...oh well..)

Then came the problems.  I went over to grab a tape deck to check the tape monitor on the amp...went to plug in some RCA jacks....found that the ones I had handy where too big...the outside diameter that is...RCA jacks mounted so close to each other on the amp.  Went to grab a different pair of cables....and the SIZZLING and SMOKE started!

Unplugged the unit..some thick smoke bellowing out of the bottom.  Opened the bottom...and yes, you've already guessed it...a leaky cap.  Nothing hurt at all...actually, the music was still playing up until I pulled the plug out.

The cap is identified in the pics with an X on it. 

It is a dual Cap, info:

Mallory Type FB
30 mfd 500v
30 mfd 500v
CEG2X30/500
85 DEGREES C
2356235X

I am looking $400 or b/o.  Buyer pays shipping, or local pickup in NJ is fine.  Thoughts?

BTW, I'll have to post an addendum for the other pics...thanks..

post-60961-0-23100000-1426366786_thumb.j

post-60961-0-04660000-1426366794_thumb.j

post-60961-0-31620000-1426366801_thumb.j

post-60961-0-36580000-1426366809_thumb.j

post-60961-0-10180000-1426366818_thumb.j

post-60961-0-64900000-1426366827_thumb.j

post-60961-0-02300000-1426366838_thumb.j

post-60961-0-25660000-1426366848_thumb.j

post-60961-0-64940000-1426366856_thumb.j

Edited by Simitavi
  • Like 1

Another unit out of the "Hanke Treasure Trove" is a Scott Type 340 Amplifier.   Here is the story on the Scott Type 340 Amp/Tuner.  ...(snip)

Then came the problems.  I went over to grab a tape deck to check the tape monitor on the amp...went to plug in some RCA jacks....found that the ones I had handy where too big...the outside diameter that is...RCA jacks mounted so close to each other on the amp. 

Went to grab a different pair of cables....and the SIZZLING and SMOKE started!

Yo!  :blink:

On the plus side, I give you an A+ as a seller for truth in advertising!  :lol:   :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80

This the second time today Craig has posted in someone else's Garage sale thread and made some comment about the item "needing" restoration.

This forum is simply a place to post buy & sell ads.  

if you do not want to buy the item that is fine, but why post your comments? It certainly suggests that you have another motive in mind.

Are you the forum police.... any business of your own? Yea I do have another motive...To make sure buyer are aware of the pitfalls. If I pop in and state its a good deal and they buy it thinking its ready to roll or just needs the one part replaced then what have done?

Go grind your axe elsewhere....this is none of your business.....

• Like 3

Are you the forum police.... any business of your own? Yea I do have another motive...To make sure buyer are aware of the pitfalls. If I pop in and state its a good deal and they buy it thinking its ready to roll or just needs the one part replaced then what have done?

Why don't we let the OP continue his classified ad.

You're certainly welcome to post elsewhere about your good Samaritan activities.

-The Police

Tom,

With all due respect, this seems to be a crusade with you. It seems like most of your posts deal with sales and transgressions, real or perceived, thereof. Lighten up. ;)

relax , Tom we hear you , it is up to the OP whether he will sell it at a rebate and Craig has the right as a forum member to voice his opinion -

You're certainly welcome to post elsewhere about your good Samaritan activities.

-The Police

From what I can see, Craig never said he was looking to make the repair. Sounds like his experience talking... What's wrong with that?

Better yet, what is your beef with Craig? That is clearly what is really going on...

To whomever buys this, Craig (NOS Valves) knows his way around a Scott like nobody else. This in combo with the OP's fine offer will make someone very happy for not allot of dough, all things considered.

Edited by paul79

This the second time today Craig has posted in someone else's Garage sale thread and made some comment about the item "needing" restoration.

This forum is simply a place to post buy & sell ads.  

if you do not want to buy the item that is fine, but why post your comments? It certainly suggests that you have another motive in mind.

This community is a better place with the help from guys like Dean, Craig, Mark and Bob. Garage Sale or not....their comments are always welcome because we can all benefit from their services.

Just relax and know that they're there when you need them.....don't try to chase them out of here. We're fortunate to have them around.

• Like 2

-The Police

From what I can see, Craig never said he was looking to make the repair. Sounds like his experience talking... What's wrong with that?

Better yet, what is your beef with Craig? That is clearly what is really going on...

Guys, If you were selling a used car in the local paper, would you welcome "well-intentioned" people interfering with your transaction?

That's all this is, some guy trying to sell some equipment. Why not show him the courtesy of letting him do his business. It is really not that difficult.

-The Police

Guys, If you were selling a used car in the local paper, would you welcome "well-intentioned" people interfering with your transaction?

That's all this is, some guy trying to sell some equipment. Why not show him the courtesy of letting him do his business. It is really not that difficult.

Ok, enlighten me. Just how is any of this keeping the OP from selling the piece?

• Like 1

-The Police

To whomever buys this, Craig (NOS Valves) knows his way around a Scott like nobody else. This in combo with the OP's fine offer will make someone very happy for not allot of dough, all things considered.

He's miffed because I do not render his way to audio bliss as the only way....in other words he's just grinding the old axe! No big deal I just consider the source.

Thanks for all the support folks!

• Like 2