Scott Type 299 Amplifier for Sale--SOLD

Simitavi

Hi,

Here is the other half of the Scott equipment from the Hanke Treasure Trove.

I do not have an exciting story on the Scott Type 299---well, no story yet...it was missing a tube, a 7189 (there are four total in the unit)..I assume they are for balanced output for each channel..plus there is a blown 6BL8.

Because of the missing tubes, I have decided NOT to power up the unit.

I believe this is a series "A" unit, since it has balance pots for each channel.  However, I'll leave to you experts to steer me the right way on that...

If you would like additional pics, just ask.

I am again asking for $400 or b/o on the unit.  Buyer pays for shipping, or local pickup in NJ...Thanks

post-60961-0-70980000-1426367374_thumb.j

post-60961-0-13380000-1426367383_thumb.j

post-60961-0-87140000-1426367390_thumb.j

post-60961-0-24860000-1426367399_thumb.j

post-60961-0-09220000-1426367409_thumb.j

post-60961-0-72060000-1426367416_thumb.j

Edited by Simitavi

This the second time today Craig has posted in someone else's Garage sale thread and made some comment about the item "needing" restoration.

This forum is simply a place to post buy & sell ads.  

if you do not want to buy the item that is fine, but why post your comments? It certainly suggests that you have another motive in mind.

We get all kinds of opinions posted on Garage Sale. I certainly don't mind one from an EXPERT.

SSH

Why? These are like the classifieds in your local newspaper. If you placed an ad to sell a used car in your local paper, would you welcome these "expert opinions"?

Once again, this is not Craigs List (no pun intended). I also welcome expert (as well as nonexpert) opinions as long as they are respectful and in the spirit of helping with informed decisions.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

My newspaper classified section has no "Reply to this topic". I appreciate feedback on items I post for sale. Perhaps if someone other than Craig had posted the obviously good advice to get the unit restored, it would have been less offensive to you. He probably helped the sale with his comment about the price.

SSH

Edited by ssh

This the second time today Craig has posted in someone else's Garage sale thread and made some comment about the item "needing" restoration.

if you do not want to buy the item that is fine, but why post your comments? It certainly suggests that you have another motive in mind.

Not defending what hes doing...however, he is absolutely right. Hate to see someone get shocked or their house burned down with older tube equipment.

Not defending what hes doing...however, he is absolutely right. Hate to see someone get shocked or their house burned down with older tube equipment.

and these can be pretty dangerous to fiddle with -unless you are well guided

Simitavi,

I appreciate the lack of response I got from my email to you on both Scott's and the Fisher 400.

I figured being we already had some type of dialect going ,you'd at least respond to me, especially since you said you would as soon as you were done testing.

I also personally have nothing against NOSvalves response as I wanted to come to preview them personally before giving an offer.

Here's my offer for all 3 of the units you have..................................$0.00. There's a thing I go by when going back and forth with stuff for sale, it's called common courtesy and respect for one another.

Had you responded as you said you were, I may have purchased more than 1 thing for you as I am looking for another tube amp as well as a turntable. And I may not have even tried haggling the price as I have purchased several things on here without batting an eye on pricing.

Jim

Edited by Jim

Oh my.....sorry Jim.  It was a really busy day.....I'm active in my church, a Deacon, and Sundays can get busy.  And, I had a birthday celebration to attend to for my wife's aunt...90 today.

I'm doing my best at this...came home around an hour ago, and tested out the Pioneer SX-850 for someone on this forum...just got done with the reply, when I saw your post.....still getting used to navigating around here.

No problem if you are not interested in my equipment....but do not judge me too harshly....after all, you do not know me at all...

Bill

• Like 2

Bill,

You are correct,I do not know you. Nor do I know the people I have dealt with on here, and they are out of state. But the one thing we have in common is following up with each other, and respect for each other's word.  I blindly sent money to these people, and they gave their word to me on stuff they were selling. Simple.

You live 20-25 minutes from me,and as I stated to you, I would have preferred to do business with someone local, as anyone would want to do the same.

Coming to this forum, for me anyway, and I will not say everyone else feels this way, is like a "club" of "brotherhood" if you will. We all have the same likes and look to help each other out with things. I am not saying you aren't like that, but after we emailed, you put the stuff up for sale,even after I told you what I was interested in. You have that right as it's your stuff to sell. But if you say you are going to do something, to me that's giving your word, and it weighs very heavy with me.And the funny thing is, is this is the 2nd time in less than 2 weeks someone local to me has done something similar.

I am not judging you, I am upset that you didn't follow through with what you said you'd do, and to me I don't want to do business that way. Especially if I were to purchase something thinking it was working in good order only to find a total rebuild may be needed. Having said this also, I had in my head that anything I was considering would need work, hence my comment in my email I'd like to preview whatever unit I liked.

The funny part of all of this is I was in Red Bank, Long Branch, and Tinton Falls all day working.

GLWS

Jim

So what? I don't think anyone minds.....especially someone interested in enjoying an HH Scott unit. It's good to know there is someone here to assist in bringing these great sounding units back to life.

Bill,

You are correct,I do not know you. Nor do I know the people I have dealt with on here, and they are out of state. But the one thing we have in common is following up with each other, and respect for each other's word.  I blindly sent money to these people, and they gave their word to me on stuff they were selling. Simple.

You live 20-25 minutes from me,and as I stated to you, I would have preferred to do business with someone local, as anyone would want to do the same.

Coming to this forum, for me anyway, and I will not say everyone else feels this way, is like a "club" of "brotherhood" if you will. We all have the same likes and look to help each other out with things. I am not saying you aren't like that, but after we emailed, you put the stuff up for sale,even after I told you what I was interested in. You have that right as it's your stuff to sell. But if you say you are going to do something, to me that's giving your word, and it weighs very heavy with me.And the funny thing is, is this is the 2nd time in less than 2 weeks someone local to me has done something similar.

I am not judging you, I am upset that you didn't follow through with what you said you'd do, and to me I don't want to do business that way. Especially if I were to purchase something thinking it was working in good order only to find a total rebuild may be needed. Having said this also, I had in my head that anything I was considering would need work, hence my comment in my email I'd like to preview whatever unit I liked.

The funny part of all of this is I was in Red Bank, Long Branch, and Tinton Falls all day working.

GLWS

Jim

IMHO, these are the type of things that should be taken to PM.

Jim,

He did PM me, and then put the same thing on here,that is why I replied here.

As I stated,and nowhere in my comment am I judging him. But I am making it clear for people to see how people are on here, as this also happened 2 weeks ago where someone came on selling speakers, then proceeded to PM several of us and try to get people into a bidding war,even after 2 people gave him his asking price, me being one of them and only being 10-15 minuted from where he was located.He also didn't want to ship,so he tried up ticking me,then several others. So again,as I stated, for someone to say they will do something and then do the opposite is not what I want to be involved in, and I will make it known what that person is doing. Right or wrong in other's opinions, his PM to me should have stayed a PM and not dragged out here.

I am very new here, so I don't know many people on here, but I respect what this forum is supposed to be about,and if you go back to the OP's original post,he states right in it with his list, he'd rather deal with someone before putting said items up for sale. He had that with me,but chose not to respond to me. In my book, that is a reason for me not to want to do business with someone, and it doesn't mean I have judged them. In fact I said GLWS.

Jim

I am going to have to defend nosvalves he just stated facts and wanted to help there was no offer to do anything even if we know he could do the work does not mean he would be the one. I would have thought any buyer would like to know those facts. But selling a car would be a lot different in my opinion. But the same sentence he said  could be said for anything almost . In the whole scheme of things why argue over this ?  And would have to agree with Jim on this ...doing what you say you will do.....I would not deal with a person that did that .  Rick

Edited by ricktate