Klipsch La Scala industrial Splits

justinsweber

Up for sale are a pair of amazing La Scala industrial Splits.

They are upgraded to the hilt.

Fully braced cabinet using Volti kit, with grills covered in Klispch cloth.

Full rewired

Converted to 2way operation using fastlane audio Eliptrac 400 and Massive Monster B&C DE750... (Think big and go bigger).

Crossovers are ALK AP12-500s with Orig K43s doing the heavy lifting.

This are lighting fast and don’t fall down the way la scala's can when pushed.

Selling for parts cost. If they don’t sell Ill turn them into my garage speakers with a Kenzie amp :-).

Asking $2400 and pretty firm on it. I will assist in shipping if customer desires. I can write paragraphs about the sound but its not my nature.

These sound wonderful. I had to rebalance the network when Dave Braced them for me as the Bass output increase so much. The Bass reproduction remains fast but is much fuller sounding than any la scala Ive heard... Sounding like a sub is well intergrated.

The Eliptrac 400 and B&C DE750 create a sound stage stories large. Want scale... this has it in spades. Play a well recorded mix and youll be able to place the instruments in air.

Justin 323-868-9722

Thanks

gallery_36992_156_31986.jpg
gallery_36992_156_36372.jpg
gallery_36992_156_25441.jpg
gallery_36992_156_44756.jpg
gallery_36992_156_8272.jpg

gallery_36992_156_1319433.jpg

gallery_36992_156_1068175.jpg

gallery_36992_156_1177479.jpg

Edited by justinsweber
  • Like 3

Are the braces in the doghouse?

yes - just behind these grilles - you can see the grilles fabric on this picture - the braces are covered by a grille frame

gallery_36992_156_36372.jpg

Edited by Randyh

Hey everyone. Sorry for late replies. The doghouse is braced. I bought the brace kit and gill frames from volti audio. It's really a custom brace kit as its a sand to fit. I can't clam the speakers dig into the 30s but I had to rebalance the crossover because there was 6db more bass. The overall presentation was significantly improved I had felt the horns lead before and the bass bins died too early. The bracing was a night and day change producing what I think is a vastly improved sound. As an aside, it came with k43s. I had them checked at or age county speaker and then put them back in, didn't think the kappa 15c was a worth while upgrade; but who knows ;-).

rounded

Yup. Least the way I got them. They are pro Scalas without metal trim.

That's the way i got them, and after clean up they went right back in the same holes.

Never seen another pair quite like those. 

on all rounded corners LSI  AL network  K43 -K55M-K77M   whether split or not - the bass bins were better built by far - with much stronger stiffer panels from the factory -in comparison the older regular corner LSI K43-K55V-K77 AA network  were built with much weaker panels -

Edited by Randyh

On 3/15/2015 at 3:58 PM, Randyh said:

rounded

On 3/15/2015 at 3:39 PM, minermark said:

On 3/15/2015 at 3:34 PM, justinsweber said:

Yup. Least the way I got them. They are pro Scalas without metal trim.

That's the way i got them, and after clean up they went right back in the same holes.

Never seen another pair quite like those. 

on all rounded corners LSI  AL network  K43 -K55M-K77M   whether split or not - the bass bins were already very stiff compared to the older regular corner LSI K43-K55V-K77 AA network   - they were better built by far - with much stronger stiffer panels from the factory -

the LSI speaker we see here - has the stiffer panels and should have been an AL or later network version -with the terminals plate with 2 fuseholders  this cabinet must be rock solid even at high outputs  -

It is. I bypassed the fuses when doing rewiring and addition of ALK crossover, making it more a audiophile version. That said it's easy to wire back. The la Scala here would be pretty amazing in a stage the bass horn fires righy and the eliptrac/de750 is a monster.

It is. I bypassed the fuses when doing rewiring and addition of ALK crossover, making it more a audiophile version. That said it's easy to wire back. The la Scala here would be pretty amazing in a stage the bass horn fires righy and the eliptrac/de750 is a monster.

the eliptrac/de750  does make a lot of sense - whithout the crossover ALK -3 inch voice coil - 18khz - that would mean a frequency response of 40-50 htz - 18khz which is very equivalent to a 3 way Scala 2 -

Edited by Randyh

Came over to Justin's again last weekend and listened to these La Scala's on three different amps. A very highly modified pair of MKIII push pulls, a single ended EL84, and his 3/4 watt per channel Kenzie. Biggest surprise was how great they sounded on 3/4 watt per channel amp. Really good combination. Not sure what modifications have done, but they are a LOT better than the other La Scala's or Belle's I heard  :)   

Edited by yesmynameisking
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sure are , these are loaded to the hilt - a 3 inch voice coil for the eliptrac/de750 - a 3 inch voice coil for the k43 - that results in a perfect balanced sound output from 40htz to 18khz -

Edited by Randyh