12v Trigger Question

Youthman

LOVE IT! Works like a champ! I plugged the Onkyo into one of the two current sensing outlets. I then plugged one of the Sherbourns power cables into the 1st switched power outlet and the other sherbourn power cable into the 2nd switched power outlet.

Then I programmed it so that when the Niles "senses" the Onkyo turning on, it delays 2 seconds then turns on the 1st and 2nd switched outlet which turns on the Sherbourn.

Then when the Onkyo turns off, it waits 2 seconds and powers the Sherbourn off.

VERY cool device and very customizable too.

Ok cool, but in a perfect world shouldn't the power amp turn off first or at least simultaneously? Curious on what others thoughts are on this. In my 2 channel basement rig I always try to remember to turn off power amp first before the mixer that feeds it. I think I blew a tweeter in a LaScala(K77) not following proper shutdown sequence.

Maybe it has to do with the individual piece. I get that pop in my setup in my garage that has an old HK amp with Adcom (dont remember the exact model) preamp. But in other setup in living room, no pop with Outlaw 7125 amp and Pioneer AVR. The pop isnt loud and I havent been worried about it but it is there and noticeable. If I wasnt so lazy I'd go try switching the amps/AVR's around but seems I really am too lazy!  :D