Are SW-350 parts available?

TallCowboy0614

Howdy all...first post.

I have been a long-time Klipsch user, and just before moving from California to Bolivia (don't ask, long story ;) ) I bought a set of the quintet speakers and a SW-350 subwoofer to bring to Bolivia with me.

Unfortunately I could not check them out before I left the USA and as luck would have it, the SW-350 was DOA in my home in Bolivia.

I have been doing without a sub for the past year, but due to the lack of a local Klipsch repair dealer ;) and because the sub is prohibitively heavy for stashing it inside my luggage for a return trip to the USA, I am looking to find a source for parts, and am wondering if I can just order the circuit board assembly from someone, a parts source, or directly from Klipsch.

The board shows signs of being fried somehow, there is evidence on the board of burnt circuits, meaning that I can see dust and the grey/black discoloration that happens when circuits and/or wires burn out.  It was used when I bought it on ebay, but too much time has gone by now and I can't complain or get my money back.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  I may just chuck it and buy a new subwoofer here in Bolivia, but here prices are about doublé for the same equipment, and I don't want to "settle" for a chinese knock-off.

Thanks!  I sent a request to Klipsch and will follow up with a phone call if necessary.  I could not find an easy link to parts on the webpage until I went back and looked more closely and found the "open ticket" option.  I also checked on eBay as you suggested and although could find no parts, I did find a banged-up sub in this model and contacted the seller to ask for just the amplifier board.  That would work wonderfully, as the sub complete is just too heavy to make it easily transportable or shippable to my home in Bolivia.  If I can get someone to take out the board and send me just the card, or even better get just the one circuit board from Klipsch, I will be a happy guy.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...