New member of the Community

Feezelbum

Greetings all,

After much research, I opted to enter into the Klipsch Fraternity with my purchase of a new set of RF-7ii's.  This was an upgrade by every stretch of the imagination from the 25+ year old Kenwood 3-ways I had been using.  Suffice it to say, I was floored when I hooked them up.  Detail and sharpness unlike anything I had been exposed to.

Now, I am starting my journey to find my corner in the world of audio bliss.  I will apologize in advance for the many bone-headed questions, and requests for recommendations you will undoubtedly see from me in the future.  I am truly electronically challenged, to a degree.

So here is my current set-up, as it stands now:

HK AVR20 ii
Yamaha GE-3
HK FL8450
AT-LP1240-USB (AT120E/T)
RF-7ii

This is, and always will be a dedicated 2-channel system.  As of now, I have all my CD's ripped to my iTunes, and loaded to my iPod, which I connect to the AUX in my Receiver.  This has worked well for me for many years, and is my preferred style for listening, but several threads here discuss music servers, and I believe this to be my intended path.

Anyway, thought it proper to introduce myself before I get to the "which amp do you recommend for my setup" questions.

Glad to be aboard!

• Like 4

Welcome aboard mate!

Thanks for buying Klipsch new. Now come on to Hope, AR in April for our get together to meet some R E A L eh, personalities.

get your wallet out

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

Glad to have you aboard.  If you will proceed down the stairs your position will be oar 26...  :P

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Klipsch Konundrum.

Dave

• Like 4

Guest Steven1963
Glad to have you aboard.  If you will proceed down the stairs your position will be oar 26... 

Welcome to the forums!  Wow!  You jumped in with both feet!  RF-7II's are very nice.  As has already been said, pics or we don't believe you.  ;)

Oh, and Dave, I had a transfer in for oar 26... :angry:

Less sea-spray.

Edited by Steven1963

Feezelbum you are da man........jumped right up into Klipsch with some RF7 II's....wow.....you go.....

Now I don't own any RF7's.....yet......so I won't even make any recommendation on amps. I'm sure some of the other members will jump in that own the RF's.

There are a lot of peeps here that have a lot of audio knowledge.......not me lol lol......all I do is buy Klipsch speakers and play with them.

Just a quick question...was this the 1st Klipsch you heard.....did you hear Klipsch before....tell us more....

Anyway....just wanted to welcome you to the forum and congrats on your new RF's......very nice.....and yes we need pics.....

MKP :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have a coworker that owns the original RF-7's, and after a bit of research and asking a lot of questions, I pulled the trigger.  Very pleased, to say the least.

I toyed with possibly getting a sub, but truthfully, there is pretty decent bass response by themselves (this coming from a bass player too!)  I was totally worried about moving away from my Kenwood 3-ways (with a 12" sub), but these are so much more punchy and articulate.

Oh, and here's the eye candy you've been asking for :D

post-60974-0-94020000-1426733201_thumb.j

• Like 4

Naked RF 7 ii. Nice. Yep, these will body slam those Kenwoods and sweep the floor with them. Then kick em to the curb. My next step would be to get a subwoofer but like you say, they are nice now so its not like your in a bind. 

Guest Steven1963

Okay, he really does own them. Unless you found a pic on the internet and pasted it here  :blink: .

All your tunes are uploaded from CD to itunes. And you said you were electronically challenged so don't take offense if this question seems obvious to you: are they in lossless format? If not, make them in lossless - you shouldn't have to re-upload them, just click that option in itunes.  Your music will sound even better, assuming your amp can reproduce the resolution.

Edited by Steven1963

Thanks!  They are very attractive.  The room is an ongoing work in progress, so please ignore the haphazard cabling.  The room has had an ongoing identity crisis, where it had served as a den originally, then our (e.g., the wife's) version of a formal living room, but because it was seeing so little use over the years, it has morphed into my quasi music room.  The layout is a little awkward, and not an ideal listening space, with a 2' x 8' alcove of to the left that homes what is left of my basses, amps and cabs.  I think my wife is slowly succumbing to the fact she has lost all control and influence of this space :rolleyes:

Okay, he really does own them. Unless you found a pic on the internet and pasted it here  :blink: .

All your tunes are uploaded from CD to itunes. And you said you were electronically challenged so don't take offense if this question seems obvious to you: are they in lossless format? If not, make them in lossless - you shouldn't have to re-upload them, just click that option in itunes.  Your music will sound even better, assuming your amp can reproduce the resolution.

Truthfully, I ripped them so long ago, I don't recall, but I would venture to say they were not saved as lossless, as my understanding of the difference back then was non-existent.  I'll check later this evening, and look into converting them if not.

I am, however, beginning to sense that the overall sound quality is a sum of all the parts.  I question the level of quality my current receiver can truly provide.