New member of the Community

Feezelbum

If not, make them in lossless - you shouldn't have to re-upload them, just click that option in itunes.  Your music will sound even better, assuming your amp can reproduce the resolution.

Thanks!  They are very attractive.  The room is an ongoing work in progress, so please ignore the haphazard cabling.  The room has had an ongoing identity crisis, where it had served as a den originally, then our (e.g., the wife's) version of a formal living room, but because it was seeing so little use over the years, it has morphed into my quasi music room.  The layout is a little awkward, and not an ideal listening space, with a 2' x 8' alcove of to the left that homes what is left of my basses, amps and cabs.  I think my wife is slowly succumbing to the fact she has lost all control and influence of this space :rolleyes:

Okay, he really does own them. Unless you found a pic on the internet and pasted it here  :blink: .

All your tunes are uploaded from CD to itunes. And you said you were electronically challenged so don't take offense if this question seems obvious to you: are they in lossless format? If not, make them in lossless - you shouldn't have to re-upload them, just click that option in itunes.  Your music will sound even better, assuming your amp can reproduce the resolution.

Truthfully, I ripped them so long ago, I don't recall, but I would venture to say they were not saved as lossless, as my understanding of the difference back then was non-existent.  I'll check later this evening, and look into converting them if not.

I am, however, beginning to sense that the overall sound quality is a sum of all the parts.  I question the level of quality my current receiver can truly provide.

Congrats on the RF7 IIs. USNRET is correct. You will have to rip again. If they are not ripped lossless, no way to convert to lossless.

Guest Steven1963

If you right-click on the song in itunes it gives you the option to 'create apple lossless version' of the song. If you click it a window that performs the 'conversion' comes up and wallah! It never asks for the original media before it does this.

So now I'm confused.

Edited by Steven1963

wal·lah
ˈwälə/
noun
INDIANinformal

1. a person concerned or involved with a specified thing or business.
    "ice cream wallahs"
    • a native or inhabitant of a specified place.
      "Bombay wallahs"

voi·la
vwäˈlä/
exclamation

1. there it is; there you are.
    "“Voila!” she said, producing a pair of strappy white sandals"

Guest Steven1963

wal·lah
ˈwälə/
noun
INDIANinformal

1. a person concerned or involved with a specified thing or business.
    "ice cream wallahs"
    • a native or inhabitant of a specified place.
      "Bombay wallahs"

voi·la
vwäˈlä/
exclamation

1. there it is; there you are.
    "“Voila!” she said, producing a pair of strappy white sandals"

I stand corrected, lol.

So, mungkiman, Michael wasn't handy so you figured somebody had to handle the snarky response... :P

Dave

snark·y
ˈsnärkē/
adjective
NORTH AMERICANinformal

1. (of a person, words, or a mood) sharply critical; cutting; snide.
    "the kid who makes snarky remarks in class"
    • cranky; irritable.
      "Michael's always a bit snarky before his nap"

You all are classic... I can tell I will enjoy my time here!

So, I'm home and checked my files and they all appear to be in the AAC format, which from what I read is not lossless, but "lossy digital audio compression".  I have no idea where that stands in relation to other formats and quality though.

• Like 1

The information below explains it for you. It all depends on your taste. If you are happy with AAC, no problem. With the RF7 IIs, I would think you would want the best sound possible:

"When you convert a song, some data may be lost due to the way certain formats compress data. For this reason these formats are sometimes called "lossy" formats. The advantage of using a "lossy" format is that the file sizes are much smaller, which means you can store more songs in the same amount of disk space. The disadvantage is that the sound quality may not be as good as the original, uncompressed format. Depending on the song, the speakers or headphones, and the player you use to play the song, you may not be able to tell the difference between a compressed "lossy" song and a song that is not compressed.

Once a song is compressed (meaning some of its data is lost) you cannot retrieve the data by uncompressing it. If you convert a song from a "lossy" format to a uncompressed format, the quality of the song will not improve and the file will only take up more disk space. For example, if you convert a song in MP3 format (a compressed format) to AIFF (an uncompressed format) the song will take up much more space on the hard disk, but it will still sound the same as the compressed file. In order to take advantage of uncompressed formats you should only import songs using these formats."

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Klipsch Konundrum.  --  Nice quoting! 

Oh, and Feezelbum - welcome to the forum!!!

Welcome Feezelbum!

So I take it that you bought the FF-7IIs on good faith without having ever auditioned a pair?

I know this is not much of a warning time wise, but over 40 of us are descending on the original Klipsch Speaker plant in Hope, Arkansas on April 10, 11, & 12 to show our appreciation by feeding the workers, taking a plant tour, eating several days of Great BBQ and Alcohol, and spend 2 days listening to some other peoples gear and music. There will be some higher end Klipsch speakers, both Tube and Solid State amplifiers there to listen to also. If this sounds like something worth the trip for you, please let us know as soon as possible so we can get you up an running as soon as possible.

Roger

Welcome to the party !! Rf7s are sweet. You didn't just test the water with your toe you did a cannonball into the klipsch pool. Enjoy your time here. Stay away from heritage stuff or you would be better off to start smoking crack. Don't say we didn't warn you. Ha !!!