Shoddily made headphones

flyfysher

I owned Klipsch S4 and S4i-II.  There is no doubt the audio quality of Klipsch headphones is great.  The warranty service WAS great.

Now, these headphones are shoddily made and their warranty service involves an extremely laborious and lengthy process.  I literally waited months for weeks if not months to receive a warranty replacement and within one day it had broken.

Regrettably, I have to recommend: DO NOT PURCHASE KLIPSCH!

The build quality of Klipsch headphones and their warranty service is awful.

which headphones are you talking about -

Holy crap, this is the funniest thread in a long time.

I am still laughing.

This had me in tears too - of course it's 3am that helps.

I do hope the OP is able to get the issue resolved also. If it takes an extra day or so, one may consider that it appears Vlad is busy resolving customer service issues and taking over Ukraine, please be patient, these things take time.

• Like 2

• Administrators
how do people manage to make a pair of knock offs on a design that is proprietary and macroscopic?

It happens all the time, with most major brands out there. There are probably factories in China that exist strictly for the purpose of building cheap knockoffs of popular brands' products.

how do people manage to make a pair of knock offs on a design that is proprietary and macroscopic?

It happens all the time, with most major brands out there. There are probably factories in China that exist strictly for the purpose of building cheap knockoffs of popular brands' products.

There are teams of Chinese hackers as well that routinely attack US companies to steal design and manufacturing data to try to recreate it in China.

• Like 1

There are teams of Chinese hackers as well that routinely attack US companies to steal design and manufacturing data to try to recreate it in China.

I mean obviously... but there is highly specialized manufacturing equipment needed for such tiny manufacturing. it's not like taking plans to a random machine shop and saying, "can you please machine these miniature armatures in economies of scale please?"

I mean obviously... but there is highly specialized manufacturing equipment needed for such tiny manufacturing. it's not like taking plans to a random machine shop and saying, "can you please machine these miniature armatures in economies of scale please?"

often times it's the same production facilities making the legit equipment.

Our partners make some of the most expensive headphones in the world - they're not the type to sell data as counterfeits are a problem for them too.

However, it's pretty easy to 3D scan a headphone and recreate the outer shell, then shove whatever driver inside of it with a custom boot. They can also fold the packaging flat and scan it, then recreate most of it in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop (also stolen).

And akdave - you're safe. Alaska is a bit far for my people to travel to anyway.

• Like 1