Badges? Yes We Need a Stiking Badges

thebes

here is the picture of the man cave and Kevin Harmons Jubilees -these are the right ones image.jpg

My word there is so much wholesome goodness in this picture! Fantastic!

Not to hijack this thread but does anyone make logo plates/plaques? I'd really like to find one for my room. If I get a good answer I may return the stinking "n". (This is not an admission of guilt, I may or may not know a guy who knows a guy...)

Edited by akdave

Don't know about the "n", but I stole the "ly" from badly...

Keep that up and you'll be deceasedly.

Contacting Noah, and thanks for all the replies.  Only question I got, is do the two deer in the pic relax their  poses once the lights are off and the humans leave the room?

I can just imagine the deer sitting down, pouring a beer, and saying "cheez I thought that guy would never leave. And what about his taste in music. Gotta put in for a raise, and another thing..."

• 3 weeks later...

I’m also looking for a pair of badges, but not ones that have been mentioned here yet... I need two of: 

...anybody got a line on these?

where did you find this badge file

Edited by Randyh

It's from a pic I turned up on Google Images (http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/60349/file-389950027-jpg/images/klipsch-2-resized-600.jpg), but it's real close to the one on my KSF-C5. The one in the image doesn’t appear to have the little copper lines in the lettering like the one I’ve got. I think they were used on the KSP-S6 and some of the KG & KSB series as well.

Edited to show the actual badges I’m looking for.

...Why?

Edited by robshort

I’m also looking for a pair of badges, but not ones that have been mentioned here yet... I need two of:

Didn't think they'd have any, but I wrote Klipsch support asking after these. Here's what I got back, in case anyone else is trying to get hold of 'em:

Product: KSF-S5

Part Number: 70231

Part Description: KV4 LOGO

Edited by robshort

Didn't think they'd have any, but I wrote Klipsch support asking after these. Here's what I got back, in case anyone else is trying to get hold of 'em:

ok so these badges are available -  how much were they directly from Klipsch - I was going to reproduce them on a vinyl strip and then glue it on - bying these is much less of a hasstle

you mean like these on the KP 250 -100_2877.JPG

That picture was taken in my garage.  I built a couple bass bins to go with them and they would certainly get loud.  They're up in Oregon now.  I regretted selling them and just picked up a pair of KP-2500's this past weekend.

ok so these badges are available - how much were they directly from Klipsch - I was going to reproduce them on a vinyl strip and then glue it on - bying these is much less of a hasstle

These are *not* available from Klipsch. Sorry if my wording was confusing. Klipsch just gave me the tech. specs to help me track some down.

Edited by robshort

• 2 months later...

FINALLY! Found somebody selling a pair of KSB 3.1 grills with their original badges (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271930245483), which are the same part number as the ones from the KSF-S5s. And it only took checking my eBay saved searches and doing nationwide Craigslist-searches EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR FOUR MONTHS! :) At least I got ‘em cheap.

Edited by robshort

To all Klipsch Badge historians, rumor rooters, and fact checkers:

I'm still wondering why The Good Guys ripped all of the Klipsch badges off of their Klipsch speakers being sold as new in the late 1970s.  In the Berkeley store they had a pair of Klipschorns, several Cornwalls, and Heresys.  Did they have a dispute with Klipsch or something?  If they lost their Klipsch authorization, did removing the badges make it legal (or legally safer) for them to sell them?  The sales staff was mute.  The badges left a deposit of glue on the grille cloth, and it looked terrible.

• Moderators

To all Klipsch Badge historians, rumor rooters, and fact checkers:

I'm still wondering why The Good Guys ripped all of the Klipsch badges off of their Klipsch speakers being sold as new in the late 1970s. In the Berkeley store they had a pair of Klipschorns, several Cornwalls, and Heresys. Did they have a dispute with Klipsch or something? If they lost their Klipsch authorization, did removing the badges make it legal (or legally safer) for them to sell them? The sales staff was mute. The badges left a deposit of glue on the grille cloth, and it looked terrible.

Here is the link to the press release announcing Klipsch delearship agreement with the Good Guys, but this was in reference to lines other than Heritage and much later than you are talking.

http://www.klipsch.com/pressreleases/klipsch-announces-new-distribution-strategy-and-retail-partner

The Good Guys were out of business within a couple of years of that announcement and they were blowing out their Reference inventory at 50 percent off.

I cannot think of a legal reason why they would be removing badges except if they were discovered to be counterfeit, which seems highly unlikely.

Another possibility is that Klipsch agreed to let them sell "B" stock and Klipsch removed the badges at the factory and shipped them that way. This could explain why the sales staff was mum about that.

The most likely explanation is that people from Milpitas, Hayward and Oakland went to the Berkeley store and ripped them off. This happened at CES this year, right under the nose of Alex.

An unauthorized dealer can pretty much sell whatever he wants, as long as he isn't selling stolen goods or counterfeit merchandise. He must also disclose there is no factory warranty if he is selling the merchandise as new.

I never went into one of their stores. Maybe that was because I remembered the Sacramento store incident and just figured I was way ahead by not going into one.

Travis

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

I never went into one of their stores. Maybe that was because I remembered the Sacramento store incident and just figured I was way ahead by not going into one.

Travis

Thanks for the info.

O.K., you got me .... what was the Sacramento store incident?

There were jokes back then about The Good Guys not being good guys, but they just seemed to be another Pacific Stereo type chain store.  Other than those two, all the other many Hi Fi/Stereo stores in the Bay Area at that time were private dealerships with one or two stores, as far as I can remember.  Several had engineers on the staff, and most had a good repair service.  People would sit in a store and have coffee and bullshit about Hi Fi.  The audiophiles I knew were pretty loyal to their favorite store, although they would snoop around others.  Paul Klipsch would make periodic visits to four of them, maybe more.  He held a seminar once at one of them, Pro Audio in Oakland.  This must have been when he was about 80.  I tried to get a friend of mine to go, but he was put off by a photograph of Paul that was in the advertizing for the event.  "He looks like a scary old white man," he said.

Edited by garyrc

those lazer lines are highly prized collectors items. 

does anyone have any idea how they used to make these lines on the laser logo  - are these painted on -heat stamped - I always wondered -

klipsch badge.png

Ah just a guess here but.... maybe with a laser ;)

There not just for eye surgery anymore.

Edited by babadono

those lazer lines are highly prized collectors items. 

does anyone have any idea how they used to make these lines on the laser logo  - are these painted on -heat stamped - I always wondered -

klipsch badge.png

Ah just a guess here but.... maybe with a laser ;)

There not just for eye surgery anymore.

wrong  answer - these were no lasers in the mid-seventies -