How's This for a Listening Room?

Mallette

Well, my head is reeling.  I am certainly set on this and prepared for major disappointment if we can't work it out.  We can pay cash, which helps...and it isn't betting the farm because we would be BUYING the farm.

Even figured out one fly in the ointment.  Our German shepherd.  For 3K we can put astroturf stuff on the roof and she'll have 3k square feet to play.  Doggie door to get in and out of the house.

Dave

• Like 1

Well, my head is reeling.  I am certainly set on this and prepared for major disappointment if we can't work it out.  We can pay cash, which helps...and it isn't betting the farm because we would be BUYING the farm.

Even figured out one fly in the ointment.  Our German shepherd.  For 3K we can put astroturf stuff on the roof and she'll have 3k square feet to play.  Doggie door to get in and out of the house.

Dave

you could have a boaling lane on 1 floor -the building looks like a 100 feet long -

Well, we are going to make the attempt to secure this property sooner rather than later.  We are thinking that 58 by 25 upstairs I posted the pictures of will be listening and TV for about the first third, giving way to an open plan kitchen dining, then to a sitting area toward the front windows.  One big party room using a lot of the shelves from downstairs on the brick wall side. 

Still a lot of negotiating to do, but we can pay cash so if it's a matter of just reaching the right price.  I am not objective, so the PAW will handle that.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

Crash pad for trips to Hope

No question about that, my friends...

We live in "Pleasantville."  Nice enough folks, safe neighborhood...but no real socialization.  The mid sized city urban  livers are much more banded together, and with the common need to push revitalization we are really expecting to have a serious social life.  Hence the 25X58 party zone. 

Dave

Leaving after work to have a serious look.  While we have several years to perfect a plan should we be able to acquire this building, here's our current "dream" plan for the second floor.

post-7390-0-57640000-1427373882_thumb.pn

Those 4 "cubbies" behind the two bedroom are what we believe to have been regalia/changing rooms for the IOOF lodge that originally had this floor.  They will be closets for the rooms.  There is an existing hall there now.  We want to move the hall to the window wall as shown.  Yes, will need an artificial corner for the 'horn, but still 16' or so of distance between  them.  Considering using stacked pallets with decking, single mattresses, and large pillows there. 

Anyway, still mostly a dream, but fun to think about.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

Well, that will depend on the PAW...  :rolleyes:

She really wants a long row of light there.  Might extend the false wall to the ceiling and out a bit.

Dave

Then I suppose you'd never be able to swing this outside the box idea.  It would be like a Hitchcock move with a secret passage hidden behind the swinging Khorn.

post-6832-0-06920000-1427392139_thumb.jp