How's This for a Listening Room?

Mallette

We're back in Seabrook.  I have a LOT of pictures and we've produced detailed drawings.  Not sure how much I really want to post as we are quite emotionally invested and still have a ways to go.  We were able to draw on my local connections to get the buyer's realtor, the seller's realtor, and an engineer in yesterday.  Today we had both realtors and a general contractor in.  Monday the gc will go back in with an inspector to look at everything.

To a great extent, we are told by everyone this is the best deal left downtown at the moment and they are all rooting for us as they see our enthusiasm. 

It WILL be a major spot for pilgrims to Hope to be welcomed with a knock at the door if we can pull it off.  It's definitely the place I want to be removed from feet first. 

Dave

• Like 2

Well, the game is afoot!  Offer in, time to dance.  We spent last weekend up there with an engineer, a buyer's realtor, the seller's realtor, and a contractor.  The PAW went back yesterday and is still there.  She went through today with the Fire Marshal and the City Code Inspector.  Nothing fatal up front, but a full analysis will take a 7 to 10 days.  It's amazing how much free info you can get on commercial property!  Much more than on a house, and we haven't paid a dime yet. 

Trying to keep the excitement in check...but getting harder.

Here's a few more pix from last weekend.

post-7390-0-69300000-1427930367_thumb.jppost-7390-0-38460000-1427930433_thumb.jppost-7390-0-65420000-1427930479_thumb.jppost-7390-0-96740000-1427930722_thumb.jppost-7390-0-79420000-1427930801_thumb.jp

Dave

• Like 1

Here's our current plans...subject to change as we won't do this for a while. 

post-7390-0-38620000-1427931056_thumb.jp

The "Up" shorter staircase on the first floor drawing goes to a mezzanine overlook office of the old variety where the manager could watch the floor.  Those "cubbies" in the top above the two front bedrooms are on a hall (that we will close in) where the IOOF brothers would buzz at the stairwell end, then be admitted if recognized through a peephole.  They'd change from street clothes to funny hats and such in those rooms.  Pretty cool.  The one on the far right will eventually be an elevator for us. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette