Tomorrow is set up day for new system

stygz

Stygz, like all the others, congratulations and enjoy!  A lot and for a long time.

Might I ask you (and others) 2 questions, as I am not certain of the impact of actually knowing what I am doing might be:

1. How do you check that your HDMI cables are "high speed"?  Its relationship to ARC?
  2. I too want to use my Klipsches for Netflix (I do for everything else), but I do not know how to "simply" accomplish that.  Was told once to run an optical cable from the TV to my AVR . . . . 

So, thanks, and enjoy your ride!

First you need to know if your TV is ARC compatible. Second you need to be sure you have the HDMI cable plugged into a select input on the TV that may be designated for ARC. Check the TV manual if it mentions it. My AVR has two monitor inputs. I used the #1 input per owners manual. After all that you will probably have to mess with the menus on the TV to get sound to work properly. If my AVR is on I automatically get sound on the system. If I am just passing through video through the AVR I get sound on the TV without having to mess with TV menu settings. If you hook up a toslink to get sound you may have to mess with tv settings to switch sound from AVR to TV speakers.

My HDMI cables actually say high speed on the plug. I have the "Amazon Basics High Speed" cables off Amazon. They are fairly cheap too. To the best of my knowledge High Speed is not necessary for ARC. High speed may be needed to get 1080p vs 1080i depending on cable length.

stygz, excellent, understandable, and RAPID response.  Thanks so much.  I, too, am awaiting a receiver delivery today from FedEx, on a Denon X1100 for bedroom and Zone 2 use in my wife's office (it is one of the few modestly-priced AVR that has a separate audio source for Zone 2).

A week and a half ago, I received my Yamaha RX-A2030 and my RX-V575.  My setup is, as wvu80 said, a work in progress (hence, my question to you).  Really like them.

Let's go have some more fun!

stygz, excellent, understandable, and RAPID response.  Thanks so much.  I, too, am awaiting a receiver delivery today from FedEx, on a Denon X1100 for bedroom and Zone 2 use in my wife's office (it is one of the few modestly-priced AVR that has a separate audio source for Zone 2).

A week and a half ago, I received my Yamaha RX-A2030 and my RX-V575.  My setup is, as wvu80 said, a work in progress (hence, my question to you).  Really like them.

Let's go have some more fun!

That 1100x will be a nice receiver. I really like how simple the menus are and the remote is uncluttered. You do not have to go through multiple pages to make adjustments.

On a side discussion I reran audyssey to check distances and x over. It set my x over to 60hz on the mains and 80hz to the center. My distances were adjusted slightly. This time I stepped out of the room during the test tones.

Just got the 62's hooked up. This is a very substantial speaker! I set up Audyssey and all went well. It selected 40hz as the crossover. Compared to the 42's these seem to make the sub location non detectable and the sound seems to blend much better. I can actually listen to Direct mode and it sounds great! I was using Pink Floyd dark side of the moon and Carlos Santana supernatural for reference music. I don't have to raise the subwoofer trim at all either. I have not tried a movie but can only imagine what that will do. I hope I have enough power for these. I will have to upgrade my center to a 52 or 62. Where I bought the center from they charge a restock of 15-30% so Ebay and on here it will be listed for sale. Unfortunatly one of the speakers grills was damaged and a blemish on the speaker from it. I will get a good one sent to me.

On another note my Denon X2100 came in and all seems to work very well.

Just got the 62's hooked up. This is a very substantial speaker! I set up Audyssey and all went well. It selected 40hz as the crossover. Compared to the 42's these seem to make the sub location non detectable and the sound seems to blend much better. I can actually listen to Direct mode and it sounds great! I was using Pink Floyd dark side of the moon and Carlos Santana supernatural for reference music. I don't have to raise the subwoofer trim at all either. I have not tried a movie but can only imagine what that will do. I hope I have enough power for these. I will have to upgrade my center to a 52 or 62. Where I bought the center from they charge a restock of 15-30% so Ebay and on here it will be listed for sale. Unfortunatly one of the speakers grills was damaged and a blemish on the speaker from it. I will get a good one sent to me.

On another note my Denon X2100 came in and all seems to work very well.

Am glad for your success and enjoyment--esp. going with the larger and more capable, meaning pleasure providing, speakers.

May I ask another question?  As you just set up your X2100W, and my X1100W arrived today, I am having a little trouble.  It seems that I cannot simply recreate the connections I had with my previous receiver.  The 1100 is being used in my bedroom, with only a soundbar for speakers, plus a soundbar set up in Zone 2.

I thought the correct process would be to turn the TV speakers off, and hook a digital optical cable from the back of the TV to the back of the soundbar so that the TV audio would come exclusively from the soundbar.  Doesn't seem to be working.  My 1100 inputs are: HDMI 1 = the sat cable from the sat box, HDMI2 = the Blue Ray, HDMI3 = the TV.

Get audio from the TV when I turn the audio on, but when off, no audio, only video.

Ya know, it surely would help to not be stupid . . . .

If I am not mistaken if you run a Toslink to a AVR or powered soundbar and turn off the tv speakers you will have to manually turn on and off the tv speakers through the tv menus. If you use ARC to provide sound through HDMI this will be done automatically.

On a side note I did notice the Horn on the 62's is much bigger than the 42's. I am leaning towards the 62 center but was wondering if the 52's share the horn with the 62's or 42's?

If I am not mistaken if you run a Toslink to a AVR or powered soundbar and turn off the tv speakers you will have to manually turn on and off the tv speakers through the tv menus. If you use ARC to provide sound through HDMI this will be done automatically.

On a side note I did notice the Horn on the 62's is much bigger than the 42's. I am leaning towards the 62 center but was wondering if the 52's share the horn with the 62's or 42's?

each horn is a bit larger. If you remember when I originally told you the sound from the 62 is much bigger due to the bigger horn that is what you have experienced. No questions about it. Get the rc-62ii over the 52ii otherwise your just shooting yourself in the foot.
  • Like 2

Well I am loosing my confidence in Denon. It seems I have another HDMI issue with the replacement AVR. I do not seem to be getting any pass through function in the DVD, Game, or Blu-Ray inputs without having the AVR turned on. The Cable/Satelite was acting funny but after a software update that seems to be resolved. What was happening is if the AVR was turned off and I tried to watch my TV/Directv I would get no pass through. If I briefly powered up the AVR then turned it off It then would work.

I am seriously thinking of returning the Denon and picking up a Onkyo TX-NR828 or Yamaha RXA-740.

There are setting in the menu for how the HDMI pass through works. You can change it where only a single input passes. Or the last one on passes. Maybe you have it on that one? Turn it off watching tv then change to something else and the receiver will no longer pass it unless you turn it on change to Xbox input then back off. I only watched tv without surround sound so I just set it where only that passed. Anything else like video games or movie was surround sound so avr was on. I mean come on why wouldn't you want it on lol?

BONUS!!!

I got a price match on the Denon. The AVRX-2100 took a price drop down to $399 @ Crutchfield! I got $140 back.

I also made the sale on my RC-42....took a small loss on that. Ordering the RC-62II either today or tomorrow!

Updated pics:

It is final. RF62II fronts and RC62II center. Subwoofer is SVS PB1000. I also ended up removing my Monster Cable crimp on banana plugs as they felt like the wire was going to slip out every time I used them. I picked up a set of Sewerd locking banana plugs off Amazon for $17 for six pairs. WAY better than the Monster Cable for lots less money.

I also updated my BR player. Should the sound be set to PCM or bitstream? I realized after running audyssey that I had the subwoofer trim bumped to +.05 db. Should I rerun it or does Audyssey ignore that setting when taking measurements?

post-53857-0-22580000-1428096760_thumb.j

post-53857-0-29220000-1428096777_thumb.j

Edited by stygz