Dave (WVU)

eth2

congrats wv. proud of my terps...first yr in the big10, and they had a great record.

Congrats to your Terps.  They were expected to go nowhere this year after losing a lot of players, and playing in the tough Big 10.  If Maryland had not lost their best player Trimble, highest scorer in the game and best ball handler with 10 minutes to go (head injury) that game might have had a very different ending (69-59 to WV)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Just wait 'till 9:45 on Thursday.  Then we'll see who has a chance at the national championship!

11054359_10206357808084574_5527809768671

FYI "Gold Rush" is the wearing of all-gold shirts by seating section at the WVU Coliseum for a game.  :)

Edited by wvu80

Well here's my analysis of the WVU-Kentucky game.

WVU has got the most aggressive full court press I've ever seen, and as such they lead the nation in producing turnovers, 19 per game.  They also lead the nation in offensive rebounding, and in fouling the other team.  They also have one of the worst field goal percentages in the country, ranked 287th in D-1.  This won't work against Kentucky who can pack it in defending the driving guard, and Kentucky is a great free throwing team.

Kentucky has size and skill at all positions.  They have 3 HS All-Americans coming off the bench.  There is not one player on the WV team who could start for Kentucky, and most likely would not be one of the first 3 off the bench.

WV has a good guard who can drive the lane, but Kentucky's length will shut that down, forcing WV to shoot from the outside.  WV has a terrible 3-point game and poor free throwing.

The last time they met in 2010 WV beat a Kentucky team that had $200 million worth of NBA players on the team (John Wall, etc) on its way to the final four.  Unless WV can produce a ton of turnovers and score points off of turnovers, this one will be over early and get ugly late.

Can hustle beat talent?  Tune in tonight at 9:40 to find out!

Go Mountaineers! 

11026189_10152989044636773_2751534842106

Edited by wvu80

Earl, no doubt I'm a homer and a fanboy, but as to your "generous" offer, uh, no.   :emotion-45:

But give me 20, put your tube gear up against my Bose 301's, and you've got a deal!  :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80