Older Sony BR player worth upgrading?

stygz

Probably exceeds my TV's capabilities
Time for a new TV as well then :ph34r:

Seriously consider the Oppo. DVD up-scaling is fantastic. CD sound, customer service and build quality DITTO. I have had 3 models, ALL great products just kept moving up until I got the -105

Things consider are HDMI, Networking, Streaming services.  I don't know of a BDP that does not upscale.  I know a lot of people will say I don't use all that, you can't use it if you don't have it.  A smart BDP is a nice upgrade for the future TV that will eventually come.  Streaming Pandora, Netfix, ect. also comes in handy.

Edited by derrickdj1

I may be putting out more money for a set of RF 62's

I saw that thread and agree with the Scrappydue's comment, though it sounds like you listened without a subwoofer.  First, listen with a sub and see if it's improved.  If not, those 62's would be a good thing.

You had many questions involving placement with your mains and sub.  Experimentation is the best way.  Play with the distance from the back wall with your mains.  With the sub, you can place it in your listening position then move around the room perimeter, down low where the sub would be and listen in different areas.  Wherever it sounds the best to you is where the sub will sound its best at your listening position.

I should have posted this in your other thread.  :wacko: