New Found Heresies

cueman

Hello all. I believe it's been about 10 years since I've been to the forums. Yes, I am the guy who sold his Bubinga La Scala's. A move I deeply regret to this day. But, I am back into the Klipsch scene, and I found these Heresies on Craigslist and could not pass them up. Can anyone tell me what the value of these may be? They do not have the stickers on the back, unfortunately, but the serial numbers are embedded into the cabinets, and they are 97U922 & 97U923, which, if my research is correct, are 1980 models. I think they look very sexy with the plain birch cabs and cane grills. They appear to have all of the most desirable drivers as well. They have risers, but they do not slant. Is this original to the speaker? I have never seen this before. Let me know what you all think.. Thanks !

post-15359-0-64760000-1427070514_thumb.j

post-15359-0-68000000-1427070523_thumb.j

post-15359-0-51120000-1427070531_thumb.j

• Like 8

Look to be birch raw with cane.  Could be worth around $500.00 and up.  Good score.  They have the square magnet K-77, not an issue what so ever.  Just something I noticed, those are something I have an eye out for.  I need one for a center for my living room.  Welcome back to the forum.

• Like 2

the heresy speaker has 2 types of risers - regular or slant - original 100% - your speakers at the bottom have that white effervescence - you need to clean this off with spirits -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 2

Look to be birch raw with cane.  Could be worth around $500.00 and up.  Good score.  They have the square magnet K-77, not an issue what so ever.  Just something I noticed, those are something I have an eye out for.  I need one for a center for my living room.  Welcome back to the forum.

Are the round alnico K-77's more desirable than the square magnet? And if so, why?

• Like 2

Look to be birch raw with cane. Could be worth around $500.00 and up. Good score. They have the square magnet K-77, not an issue what so ever. Just something I noticed, those are something I have an eye out for. I need one for a center for my living room. Welcome back to the forum.

Are the round alnico K-77's more desirable than the square magnet? And if so, why?
I haven't noticed a difference, I am just anal about having the same in all my speakers.
  • Like 1

Welcome back! Some people prefer the sound of alnico over creamic magnets. There is much documented data on line about this. Some folks can hear the difference some cannot. There is a difference but the only thing that matters is are you pleased or not. The K77 is in my opinion a poor driver to begin with so the magnet type is lost for me with this tweeter. Good news is that Bob Crites has a far better direct drop in with the identical horn lens except with the inclussion of a phase plug and a much better driver with a phenolic diaphragm (same as the K77) so it drops right in with no changes to crossover and it just works better smoother and more extended. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1