CF-3 pair in great shape

teaman

yeah i remember those, wasnt there 2 pair from the same seller?  those were version 3 for sure, but still went for pretty cheap. 

with all the praise the epic 3 & 4's get, im surprised there isnt more interest in these at that price.  you could probably offer the seller $325-350 & get them outside ebay since thats all he will get after their & paypals fees...

if i was closer i would consider them.  i regret selling my cf-4 v-2's last year, but selling them & my kg5.5's went towards my k-horns, so i got over the sellers remourse real quick! 

Edited by klipschfancf4
  • Like 1

The problem lies in the fact that the seller won't allow you to do your own shipping. Messaging him gets you an answer of "$400 ship them"....

thats what "local pick up only" means.  comes down to where you are located & how far you are willing to drive if you want them.  people on here have driven 8, 10, 16 hours one way for speakers before...

i wouldnt mess with shipping something this large, heavy & delicate either.  if they get damaged its a HUGE hassle to deal with the damage claim & the shipping company usually only pays the shipper which means the shipper has to fight with them to get paid, then refund the buyer IF the claim is approved. & some buyers & ebay will hold the shipper responsible for damage... so to deter shipping he tells people $400. 

Edited by klipschfancf4

It's kind of lazy selling to re-list them with the wrong tech specs from the CF-4 - again!

Last time the high bidder lost out at $365 and now they are re-listed BIN for the odd price of $384.88, but actually it doesn't even say "Buy it now."  What is says is "price."  Will the previous high bidder add another 20 bucks and simply buy them?  Will others drive them up over $400?

So what's the over/under on this sale?  I say they sell outright for the listed $384.88, or if its still an auction after that price, I say just under $400, like maybe $390.

Edited by wvu80

It's kind of lazy selling to re-list them with the wrong tech specs from the CF-4 - again!

Last time the high bidder lost out at $365 and now they are re-listed BIN for the odd price of $384.88, but actually it doesn't even say "Buy it now."  What is says is "price."  Will the previous high bidder add another 20 bucks and simply buy them?  Will others drive them up over $400?

So what's the over/under on this sale?  I say they sell outright for the listed $384.88, or if its still an auction after that price, I say just under $400, like maybe $390.

yeah not sure why he still has the cf-4 specs listed... sometimes ebays info isnt accurate or they dont have info on certain things, especially something as uncommon as epics, possibly they only have the cf-4 info available.  but he easily could copy & past the cf3 info from klipschs website.

not sure what browser you are using or if you are looking at these on a "smart" phone, but it says buy it now plain as day for me.  hard to say what bidding will do on any auction, there are millions of ebay users & only handfulls of them see any given auction on any given day or week.  so just because something sat there with little activity one week doesnt mean the next week it woont get all kinds of activity/bids.  i have had things listed that got no bids at alll & no watchers, then relisted it the next week & got like 50 watchers & 20+ bids driving it up higher than the buy it now price i had.  ebay is fickle that way & can either pay off well or barely get you the starting bid price.

& the way the buy it now works is if someone hits it the auction is over, that person owns it, usually once the bidding gets to half the BIN price the BIN goes away.  its kind of a "click it if you are willing to pay that much & dont want to get into a bidding war with others" kind of deal.  if people sit there & try to do the last minute bids to save a few bucks they very well could get into a bidding war & drive it up higher than the BIN price.  thats why i feel any one who reall wants these should just click the buy it now & get it over with, i mean really, $385 for nice oak cf-3's?  come on, thats a bargain & a half! especially when people are paying $400+ for heresies & rf-3's etc, which might be "ok" speakers but dont come close to cf-3's.  

after the sale ebay will take 10% of the sale price & paypal gest about 3%, so i bet an offer for $325-350 cash would get them outside ebay, if the seller is willing to do that.    

Mr. CF-4, of course you are right on the BIN!  I don't need to upgrade my glasses, just the dummy who's wearing them.  :rolleyes:

I think you are also on-target with the "no guaranteed sale" on the re-listed auction.  The original high bidder could have already bought another set of speakers he was following after the CF-3 sale fell through, who knows?

I was assuming the BIY price and the reserve are the same, but again, who knows what the seller is thinking?

And lastly, I agree with you on the value of the CF-3's, the sub-$400 price is a bargain.

I know the CF-3's are great as L/R in any system, but I think they would be dynamite as surrounds with CF-4 mains.

• Like 1

LOL.  no offense intended, but i know some browsers or smart phones can show websites different. 

you have to pay a couple bucks for a reserve price so im sure its less than the BIN,  he started the auction at like $10 so hes just protecting himself from letting them sell for too cheap.  i bet the reserve is about $50-100 less than the bin.  wht cracks me up is the people that put in a $29 bid.

i agree, an epic 5.1 or 7.1 system would be awsome.  cf4 fronts, cf3 or 4 surrounds & even a cf-3 on its side for a center.  for the prices these epics are going for lately, thats would be a hard system to beat. 

• Like 1

I believe the Epics on Ebay would be a version 3.  There was a guy who I followed on the Klipsch forum here who had an 5.1 Epic theater. I think he had 3 CF4's across the front and CF3's for rears. All powered by Mcintosh Amps. I have not seen him here in a long long time though.  I have been toying for some time now getting an another CF3 to use as a center channel. I know it would be a rockin center.

• Like 1

Mr. CF-4, of course you are right on the BIN!  I don't need to upgrade my glasses, just the dummy who's wearing them.  :rolleyes:

I think you are also on-target with the "no guaranteed sale" on the re-listed auction.  The original high bidder could have already bought another set of speakers he was following after the CF-3 sale fell through, who knows?

I was assuming the BIY price and the reserve are the same, but again, who knows what the seller is thinking?

And lastly, I agree with you on the value of the CF-3's, the sub-$400 price is a bargain.

I know the CF-3's are great as L/R in any system, but I think they would be dynamite as surrounds with CF-4 mains.

They made great rears with my CF-4s. I just sold the 4s and am now selling a single 3 and a woofer and horn from the other 3. Slight accident, if anyone is looking for these parts I have them in the garage sale along with the cabinet for free

Mark