Maybe I'm Amazed.....?

TasDom

I'd love to have a private conversation with her about this. I bet that I'd find out that she isn't in this to show off her body.

Let's face it though: how many famous musicians do you know of who are ugly? If you want to make it to a rockstar-like level of fame, then you have to be attractive too. You can't do that if you're ugly. Well, maybe you can in genres like death metal or something, but not Pop!

Tom Petty proves you wrong.

• Like 1

A shame. Its not about the music or her voice, its all about her bulge.  almost every song she has posted has her in that trailer trash top only in a different color.  The girl either either needs to grab a pole or put on some clothes so people will stop guessing her direction.  Im sure she will still get plenty of notoriety with her "blessing" covered in a shirt.

It IS a shame. Maybe she'll learn the hard way that she needs to tone down her looks because this thread is making it clear that her looks are a distraction. If I were to put myself out there as a talented musician, then one thing I'd make DAMN sure to stay away from is trying to make myself extremely attractive. I am a musician, and so I already know that I always want my ART and MUSICAL TALENT (and everything that I create) to be the first thing that people notice, not my appearance. My appearance needs to be pleasant, yes, but not distractingly so.

I was misunderstood by what I said earlier when I was supposedly proven wrong by Tom Petty. I don't want to push it though because I don't want to get into a heated argument over it just because I'm having a hard time finding the right words or the right way to verbalize what's on my mind. Just know that all I'm saying is, most famous musicians are carefult to make sure they aren't unpleasant to look at. Some of them care more than others, yes, but still.

Edited by TwoCables

I always want my ART and MUSICAL TALENT (and everything that I create) to be the first thing that people notice, not my appearance. My appearance needs to be pleasant, yes, but not distractingly so.

That's why I love watching "The Voice".  If you can't sing, you're not on the show.  It's talent first. 

• Like 1

I was misunderstood by what I said earlier when I was supposedly proven wrong by Tom Petty. I don't want to push it though because I don't want to get into a heated argument over it just because I'm having a hard time finding the right words or the right way to verbalize what's on my mind. Just know that all I'm saying is, most famous musicians are carefult to make sure they aren't unpleasant to look at. Some of them care more than others, yes, but still.

There's nothing remotely heated about this discussion. Feel free to keep typing until you're able to clarify your thoughts. Did you look at her facebook page? Promoting her body is very much a priority (which is certainly her prerogative)..

I bet that I'd find out that she isn't in this to show off her body.

I'd take all that action I could get.  Probably take out a loan.  Getting her to tell the truth might be a little iffy to prove though.

I wouldn't be interested in trying to prove anything. I'd just bet that she's not what everyone thinks. After all, we don't really KNOW her. None of us are close friends with her. We don't really know why she chooses this appearance. We don't know why it seems she's using her appearance to her advantage (and yes, I said "seems").

All I'm saying is, I'm not going to judge her by her looks or by what I've seen of her on the internet. I prefer to skip the judgment altogether because as I'm sure many of you have experienced, when you get to know someone, you find out that you've misjudged them.

Edited by TwoCables

I didn't say that there's heat in this discussion. I said that I would like to avoid heating it up by getting frustrated with being unable to get anyone to understand what I'm really trying to say (it's an issue that I have, and I'd rather spare everyone lol).

I didn't say that there's heat in this discussion. I said that I would like to avoid heating it up by getting frustrated with being unable to get anyone to understand what I'm really trying to say (it's an issue that I have, and I'd rather spare everyone lol).

you seem frustrated...

We don't really know why she chooses this appearance.

I'll be happy to play the devils advocate here.  If not to show off her assets, what other reason would she have to choose this appearance?  I'm open to the possibility that there may be a reason that I haven't thought of.

you seem frustrated...

Thad....................................................................

you seem frustrated...

Already, yeah. A little. I often struggle trying to accurately verbalize my thoughts.

I didn't mean to ignore your joke, by the way, but I had to take the opportunity to be honest.

Edited by TwoCables

I'll be happy to play the devils advocate here.  If not to show off her assets, what other reason would she have to choose this appearance?  I'm open to the possibility that there may be a reason that I haven't thought of.

I'm reminded of how many young girls in junior high and senior high like to be as hot as possible because they feel that it's the only way they can get anyone to like them. Perhaps this girl doesn't believe enough in her talents. That would be sad. I hope it's not true because it seems to me that she's very talented.

Edited by TwoCables

you seem frustrated...

Thad....................................................................

bcme1.gif

I'm reminded of how many young girls in junior high and senior high like to be as hot as possible because they feel that it's the only way they can get anyone to like them. Perhaps this girl doesn't believe enough in her talents. That would be sad. I hope it's not true because it seems to me that she's very talented.

Read her wikipedia page.. seems to have plenty of public appearances in her short tenure to validate her talent.

Read her wikipedia page.. seems to have plenty of public appearances in her short tenure to validate her talent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jess_Greenberg

I can't find a single one outside of that one time when she was age four and sang half a song at a hotel.