Maybe I'm Amazed.....?

TasDom

I'm somewhat reminded of that video that talks about the music industry (it "exposes" it) and that many pop stars have been forced to have a certain image. I don't want this to get too deep or too off-topic because this is really just to help me say what I'm trying to say in this reply, but I'm sure some of you have noticed that Eminem's image changed a few years ago, and quite dramatically. If you noticed, then did you wonder why? That's because he decided that he no longer wanted to be told what his appearance should be. He no longer wanted to be controlled by those who were controlling him and telling him what to do, how to act, how to dress, how to sing, what his lyrics should be, what his tempos should be, etc. etc. etc. I'm serious. He wasn't allowed to be who he really is, but now he's finally being who he wants to be and he's much happier. He's not the only one either.

Anyway, so, maybe this is a little bit of that (but nowhere near that extreme, I hope). Maybe she's being told that she needs to look like this. Who knows, though? I don't know how to find out the truth, so of course I can't say for sure. I can only speculate. However, when I see this much focus being put on the artist's APPEARANCE, it makes me wonder what's really going on behind the scenes.

Perhaps the answer to this thread is: she has real talent and lots of it but maybe she has a manager or whatever and they're putting way too much emphasis on her looks and not enough on her talent and they have her convinced that this is the best way to succeed.

Edited by TwoCables

Perhaps the answer to this thread is: she has real talent and lots of it but maybe she has a manager or whatever and they're putting way too much emphasis on her looks and not enough on her talent and they have her convinced that this is the best way to succeed.

Or she's just a regular 20 year old trying figure out the best way to make a splash. So far, it's working... or else we wouldn't be talking about her.

many pop stars have been forced to have a certain image

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  There's a huge difference between striving to become a pop star and striving to become the best artist possible.

I hope I'm not right though because the picture that was painted by that video exposing the music industry was a very dark one. I mean, if I'm right, then she could be headed down a very dangerous path. If I'm wrong, then perhaps she's just trying to emulate what some of these pop stars who are still under someone else's control are doing.

I haven't looked yet, but I wonder if she has a manager or if she's on her own.

Or she's just a regular 20 year old trying figure out the best way to make a splash. So far, it's working... or else we wouldn't be talking about her.

The sad part though is, the majority are noticing her because of her big boobies. I bet there are lots of comments on yer videos like, "Your guitar is in the way".

Can't answer your original question and while I readily admit that I can't carry a tune or play any instrument, I do not find her talent(s) to my liking.  I looked at the other videos, all the same.

Can't answer your original question and while I readily admit that I can't carry a tune or play any instrument, I do not find her talent(s) to my liking.  I looked at the other videos, all the same.

I think that's a part of the problem with the world today. Her true musical talents are really only going to be recognized or appreciated by those who've already been through the process of shedding blood sweat and tears to be the best musician that they can be. So, maybe having giant boobs is the only way she can make a big splash. :)

I believe this is the case. She's a decent guitarist, pretty good vocalist, is passionate about singing that song. 

She's using all her assets to help promote herself, that's just the way nowadays. Do you think Danika Patrick is in Nascar just because she can drive? She's a marketing machine.

I disagree.

Oh. Maybe they're too big.

Nope, just right.  Now we're talking about the real reason for the video.

I honestly disagree with that. I think the reason is to entertain people with her musical talents, but perhaps she feels that she'd go unnoticed if she didn't look like that. She probably would too because if I were to judge her musical talents just from that video alone, then I'd say that she's nothing special when comparing to other famous talented musicians.

Edited by TwoCables

I don't find it unusual for any artist to display their talent and looks.  When a person has both, that's sometimes referred to as the "it" factor.

The young lady sang a fairly easy song and I felt her vocals were average to below average.  The guitar playing was rudimentary at best, and she obviously paid attention to her visual presentation (hair, makeup and clothing) which seemed appropriate for a female performer.

What I found objectionable was the terrible recording.  The audio was awful, the acoustics in the room was awful.  It looked like she set up an iPhone and put it on a table.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1