Maybe I'm Amazed.....?

TasDom

I don't find it unusual for any artist to display their talent and looks.  When a person has both, that's sometimes referred to as the "it" factor.

The young lady sang a fairly easy song and I felt her vocals were average to below average.  The guitar playing was rudimentary at best, and she obviously paid attention to her visual presentation which seemed appropriate for a female performer.

What I found objectionable was the terrible recording.  The audio was awful, the acoustics in the room was awful.  It looked like she set up an iPhone and put it on a table.

I'm not getting the impression that the audio quality needs to be better. Or, maybe she has absolutely no clue of how to get better audio quality. Or, maybe she does but hasn't been able to justify spending more money just to obtain it for making videos in her bedroom. Besides, the audio quality of this video alone is more than good enough to hear her talent.

if I were to judge her musical talents just from that video alone, then I'd say that she's nothing special when comparing to other famous talented musicians.

We are in complete agreement here.

Yeah, so I realize that I can't blame her for trying to increase her popularity by looking as hot as possible. I mean, it's very difficult in today's world to make it big with nothing but good musical talent, unless you're lucky.

• Like 1

I don't find it unusual for any artist to display their talent and looks.  When a person has both, that's sometimes referred to as the "it" factor.

The young lady sang a fairly easy song and I felt her vocals were average to below average.  The guitar playing was rudimentary at best, and she obviously paid attention to her visual presentation which seemed appropriate for a female performer.

What I found objectionable was the terrible recording.  The audio was awful, the acoustics in the room was awful.  It looked like she set up an iPhone and put it on a table.

I'm not getting the impression that the audio quality needs to be better. Or, maybe she has absolutely no clue of how to get better audio quality. Or, maybe she does but hasn't been able to justify spending more money just to obtain it for making videos in her bedroom. Besides, the audio quality of this video alone is more than good enough to hear her talent.

I've heard live performances of other "name" groups (as I'm sure you have) and a good studio production with post-production mixing can greatly improve the sound of the performer.

I saw another vid of her performing a MJackson tune, where she was playing the guitar left handed, which means she set the iphone on the dresser shooting into the mirror.

I found her interesting and she has vocal talent on par with a lot of church singers I've heard, and comparable to karaoke or club circuit singers.  I haven't heard anything she's sang that I would buy commercially, and to be honest I haven't been able to make it completely through one of her Youtube recordings.

But to be fair, it's her and her guitar.  Even James Taylor sounds more interesting when you add some instruments.  Here's what JT sounds like with guitar only.  Pretty good.  :)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

It is just as entertaining with the sound completely off.  Of course the ones where she strums hard are about the only really interesting ones.  Which, is actually bad.  You don't see Gabriella Quintero bouncing up and down like an idiot now do you.  

Do you think Danika Patrick is in Nascar just because she can drive? She's a marketing machine.

Ugh, don't get me started on that one... 

As a NASCAR fan (past much more than current) I somewhat agree but I will submit that with her career average finish of 24.1 puts her in the middle of the pack of the 43 drivers. Yes, her looks do not hurt but then I also sometimes comment on the male drivers' looks and deportment.

It's just how I am. For something like this, I hear past the poor audio quality and I look past the poor video quality and I focus on what the musician is playing. I mean, this isn't the kind of video that should have been created using high-end equipment and professional software. It's just a casual video that you watch maybe once or twice just to appreciate her musical talent (or maybe something else, if that turns your crank). The minute I start thinking about the poor audio quality and poor video quality is the same minute that I begin missing the whole point of the video.

Edited by TwoCables

What guitar? I dont see no stinkin guitar!! I'd say that performance isnt going to have any record companies knocking on the door. Even with the assets. Sadly, as it has been for years, all anyone has to do is come up with a catchy tune and they will become overnight success with or without assets. Even though they may be a 1 hit wonder, they might get a pretty decent paycheck for it.

Two Cables, if this topic made you upset, I'd hate to see what you would do with silver solder!!   :D

• Like 2

missing the whole point of the video.

The point is to stroke both her ego and bank account.  

I'd like to see what would happen if you were to say that to her face. I'd bet you'd find out that you're wrong. That's all I'm saying.

What guitar? I dont see no stinkin guitar!! I'd say that performance isnt going to have any record companies knocking on the door. Even with the assets. Sadly, as it has been for years, all anyone has to do is come up with a catchy tune and they will become overnight success with or without assets. Even though they may be a 1 hit wonder, they might get a pretty decent paycheck for it.

Two Cables, if this topic made you upset, I'd hate to see what you would do with silver solder!!   :D

I never said that this topic made me upset.

I'd like to see what would happen if you were to say that to her face.

I don't mess with Sasquatch. I know better.

Seriously though, I would say that anybody who has their jiggly bits half hanging out of every video is in fact fairly shameless about this fact.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I'd like to see what would happen if you were to say that to her face.

I don't mess with Sasquatch. I know better.

Seriously though, I would say that anybody who has their jiggly bits half hanging out of every video is in fact fairly shameless about this fact.

What if it's unintentional? That's all I'm saying.

I guess my deal is, I don't know her personally, so it feels unfair if I try to make any assumptions about her.

And yet you insist on conveying that she's just an innocent young girl, haphazardly displaying her sexuality without any concept of how it's perceived - and that such action is surely unintentional... without knowing her personally.

The amount of cleavage shown affects the quality of the music as much as the amount of missing strands of copper

LOL!  Nice tie-in!  :lol:

But you did give me a good idea for the name of my new hi-tech hi-dollar cable company; The Missing Strands:D