Chicago Area GTG

derrickdj1

It has been a while since our last gtg.  Any interest for mid to late April?  May we could evaluate transports and preamps.  These would be much easier than speakers or subs, although different speakers would be nice also.  Maybe I can even get some of you to critique my 2 ch. system since I am not a traditional 2 ch guy and relatively new at 2 ch. :D   I think I can manage some  good food and beverages to kick start the day.

Edited by derrickdj1

Late April would be best for me, as I'm making the trek to Hope, and will need time to recover...Not to mention my schedule is getting crazy with grand kids, yard projects, speaker projects continuing....

By the way, is anyone else from the Chicago/Midwest area going to Hope as well?

By the way, is anyone else from the Chicago/Midwest area going to Hope as well?

We are down here and checked in waiting for everybody right now Jim. Not really but aiming to be. Seen the bar b q thread you had for Memphis and that may be the best pit stop between here and there. We're booked fri&sat and might try Thursday also for convenience.

Chicago...Im aiming for axpona this year possibly(lot going on between now and then but trying to)and thought about a beer/dinner with anybody else with the klipsch chcago gathering. axpona is april 24-26 at the westin by the airport. This looks like a real hoot

• Like 1

I’d like to attend.  Can anyone swing through Los Angeles and pick me up on the way?

Absolutely..can you pull down a little gas and I need 1 new tire? Once I get back from Hope I'll gas up and be on my way...I would love to do it for free but my pockets are a bit shallow...how bout $375? :)

• Like 1

I’d like to attend.  Can anyone swing through Los Angeles and pick me up on the way?

Absolutely..can you pull down a little gas and I need 1 new tire? Once I get back from Hope I'll gas up and be on my way...I would love to do it for free but my pockets are a bit shallow...how bout $375? :)

I’m sitting on the curb waiting for you now…i made sardine sandwiches with miracle whip for the drive. :D

You must have a fuel efficient car -- in Los Angeles tires are cheaper than gasoline.

Hope you all have a great time together…and remember, Play it Loud.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that they are Spanish sardines and Miracle Whip Light, otherwise, I'll pass.....

You’re in luck -- they are.  Guess I better make a few more.

I’m half Portuguese (Azore Island Portuguese). My Mom was 100% Portuguese.  When growing up, if you said that you had a stomach ache, my grandmother would bring you a sardine sandwich with Mayo.  I remember saying “that will make me throw up.”  She said, “that’s right…then you’ll feel better."

• Like 1