Klipsch chorus 2

bobcat30

I'm new to the forum and new to home theater. I have a pair of chorus 2 I'd like to build a home theater with these.. What would you guys recommend for center channel subwoofer and rear surrounds from klipsch that would go nicely with the chorus ? Also looking for a good reciever with network capabilities .. Gladly take suggestions I'm on kind of a budget got line 2000$ to invest . Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  You've got a fabulous start with the Chorus II's, that's for sure.  If it were me, given your budget, I would be concentrating on the receiver and center channel first, then a sub, then the surrounds.  I'm sure lots of other folks will add to this discussion, and be happy to help.  Have fun with it.

Welcome to the forum. You've got a fabulous start with the Chorus II's, that's for sure. If it were me, given your budget, I would be concentrating on the receiver and center channel first, then a sub, then the surrounds. I'm sure lots of other folks will add to this discussion, and be happy to help. Have fun with it.

any recommendations?

welcome. chorus 2's are great speakers for home theater or 2 ch.  heres my suggestions & without going overboard with suggesting tube amps or mcintosh gear etc like some may do

receiver:  i like onkyo or integra.  on the used market for less than $500 you can get an 805 through 809 series that is hard to beat at any price, huge quality power for an AVR, audesy, & all the features you will ever need for home theater, & they sound very good for music too.  some had hdmi issues but most are fine & onkyo has even extended warranty repair so that is not really an issue.  personally i dont like hdmi pass-through anyways, most tv's have plenty of hdmi hookups & the shortest path is always better than doubling up your cables just so you can switch between sources with teh receiver.  

other speakers: without a doubt if size allows, use a forte 2 or quartet for surrounds as they are basically the same speaker as the chorus & will be timbre matched perfectly.  the rs-3 type surrounds are nice if space matters & they can be raised up on the wall easier than bigger forte/quartets, but for best match you would want to upgrade to titanium tweeters on the chorus mains.  for a center- a single quartet would be great but the academy or kv-4 might be a better match.  also a rc-3ii or other reference center would be ok too.

sub:  the big klipsch reference 12" or 15" is a good sub too, but IMO, a used velodyne servo sub like the fsr-15 is an incredible sub & can be found for less than $500 & for that price it really cant be beat.  SVS are great too but very pricey. 

you will get tons of other opinions & most will be fine suggestions, but to stay under your budget i feel what i listed would make a great system to match the chorus 2.

or i should have said, those shorus 2's are the worst speaker klipsch ever made & you might as well sell them to me for $250.  sound good??   :rolleyes:  

Edited by klipschfancf4
  • Like 2

Academy center for sure $300.00. RS 3's will work for the surrounds $100.00/175.00 a pair. Should be able to find them. Sub SVS... a lot of sub for the money. Receiver. That is really a matter of taste..... I would probably go with one of the new Pioneer Elites $1100.00/1500.00

Edited by oldred
  • Like 1

With limited space the academy is your best choice for a center.  Building an ht system around chorus IIs will take patience to find the right matching speakers at the right price, but it will be worth it.  Anything other than an academy, quartet, forte II, or chorus II will be too much compromise.  The academy can also be used as surrounds if you can't fit the larger sizes in.

• Like 1

Which ever brand AVR you choose, get an upper model.

As far a  center goes the C7 will lunch many of the more recent Klipsch centers being built. The Academy's horn is as tiny as a tweeter and you need a real sized horn to voice with the Chorus

$_57.JPG.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Legend-Series-KLF-C7-Center-Channel-Speaker-MINT-/291413811372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d99de0ac

• Like 2