60th anniversary print.

crustywon

I am serious... topbidder so far.

Frankly, I think it is better for all parties to see what others are willing to pay in that way one potential buyer can not be played against another behind the scenes.

It has to be worth something to op... a price might be a fair thing to ask for by any proposed purchaser.

Edited by Schu

of course it's not cheap... but in art, for the most part, you dont pass that cost along to the next owner. it's part of the original framers investment. I have many pieces of art that cost 600-1000 to frame, I dont expect that to be recooped just as when I go to sell some speakers, I expect to take a loss.

I'll go to 225+ shipping, but no more.

I listed it with a fair asking price. I am open to offers close to my asking price. The framing is high quality and the person purchasing this piece I doubt will be taking it out of the frame to reframe it. It is listed as seen in the pics. Don't like the price, pm me an offer. Don't like the price, move along and good luck with your search. I am not desperate to sell, just wanted to see it on someone's wall. Not in my closet or a spare bedroom wall.

I'm just curious, I have this same one.......are these really worth that kind of dough? I'm NOT bashing his asking price, I would just not have known the value of this thing. I hope he gets the full $600.00 (or more!).

Good luck, man.

The poster for sale is an "artist proof", which carries a higher value than one of the normal series of numbered prints. As far as what that value actually is, only the market knows, but it doen't seem unreasonable, especially considering the framework.

I have a number of prints of significant value - one example being the Phish New Years 2000 at Big Cypress print - I have one of these (out of 2000) and it's valued at $700 - and that's just the value of the print.

Jeff Wood's art is phenomenal and is well worth owning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious, I have this same one.......are these really worth that kind of dough? I'm NOT bashing his asking price, I would just not have known the value of this thing. I hope he gets the full $600.00 (or more!).

Good luck, man.

The poster for sale is an "artist proof", which carries a higher value than one of the normal series of numbered prints. As far as what that value actually is, only the market knows, but it doen't seem unreasonable, especially considering the framework.

I have a number of prints of significant value - one example being the Phish New Years 2000 at Big Cypress print - I have one of these (out of 2000) and it's valued at $700 - and that's just the value of the print.

• 2 weeks later...

Schu, the silk screen alone costs more than that.

SSH

I know of what I speak... beside being a professional designer/art director for over 30 years, many of which were in the better end apparel industry where I was at times the technical director for screen printing amongst many other things, I have a decent sized art collection now that already consists of 15-20 Serigraphs, stone lithographs, screen prints and paintings.

the idea that an "Artist Proof" is inherently more valuable than an edition proof is not necessarily a correct one. it's not an automatic bump in valuation based solely on the fact that the print was one of many that were provided to an artist as part of his compensation/proofing. In some instances, mainly one where a print addition is extremely desirable, an "AP" does have some value because the runs of those prints... at the beginning of a run... are generally cleaner and closer to the origin of production. While desirable, a klipsch print doesn't qualify for that endowment imho. The cost of a framing isn't normally passed on to a new owner regard... it's something that is part of the original owners responsibility and "cost to own"... unless you can find some sucker to absorb that cost.

FWIW, art doesn't appreciate... some art appreciates.

All these ^ things are just general conversational items dealing with secondary market goods of an artistic nature... not one of specificity for the OP's print even though they do apply.

I feel my original offer was legitimate and fully valued, but I am willing to go to $275 shipped for this small piece.

Edited by Schu