I am guilty of aiding and abetting child abuse

eth2

Two of my children were taken away today by men in a pickup truck. They carted them out in the rain, put them on a wet tarp, wrapped the wet tarp around them, and drove off into sleet, rain and salt. Having babied them, nourished them, protected them for so long it broke my heart to see them treated that way. However, every parent needs to know when to let go, when they can no longer control the destiny of their offspring, and when to say goodbye.

La and Scala were 35 years old, and so I bid them a fond farewell, I know they will never be the same.

:wacko:  :wacko:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :unsure:  :unsure:

• Like 3

Well, I'm half heartedly glad that they're gone Earl. Glad for you that you've been able to move them; glad for me that the temptation is past fto appropriate another, truthfully un-needed, pair from so close by; but sad to see them go to a questionalble future. I used all my persuasive powers (an a good deal of alcohol) on a frend/neighbor in an effort to have him replace his Chous IIs, but to no avail. Ever onward.

If your kids are still living at home at age 35, then chances are college isn't the biggest concern. Sometimes tough love is the best way.  :angry:

It pains me to know they suffered so badly in the rain and sleet . I certainly hope that isn't an indication of their future! You should hop in your truck and go rescue them now!

• Like 1

I can top that.  IN Oahu, of all places there was an ad for TWO pairs of laScalas for $800.  I could not do it at the time because I had no place to put them..  Thebes never let me hear the end of it.  Once I actually had the room I had to settle for $200 Chorus IIs.  Yes, only one pair.