Dave (WVU)-Collect call from

eth2

(from my other post)

Well here's my take on the WVU-Kentucky game.

WVU has got the most aggressive full court press I've ever seen, and as such they lead the nation in producing turnovers, 19 per game.  They also lead the nation in offensive rebounding, and in fouling the other team.  They also have one of the worst field goal percentages in the country, ranked 287th in D-1.  This won't work against Kentucky who can pack it in defending the driving guard, and Kentucky is a great free throwing team.

Kentucky has NBA size and skill at all positions.  They have 3 HS All-Americans coming off the bench.  There is not one player on the WV team who could start for Kentucky, and most likely would not be one of the first 3 off the bench.

WV has a good guard who can drive the lane, but Kentucky's length will shut that down, forcing WV to shoot from the outside.  WV has a terrible 3-point game and poor free throwing.

The last time they met in 2010 WV beat a Kentucky team that had $200 million worth of NBA players on the team (John Wall, etc) on its way to the final four.  Unless WV can produce a ton of turnovers and score points off of turnovers, this one will be over early and get ugly late.

Can hustle beat talent?  Tune in tonight at 9:40 to find out!

Go Mountaineers! 

11054359_10206357808084574_5527809768671

Hard to watch when hockey and the Vikings are on.

Yeah, it kinda of bothers me too.  I'm afraid if I miss Vikings for one episode, the next week I won't know who died, who betrayed whom, who slept with whom, and whether or not The Priest is a pagan or a Christian!  :wacko:

Go time!  B)

The regional is in Cleveland, which is only a few hours from Morgantown.  This is way closer than any Big 12 road games, so there is a good Mountaineer crowd there.

Edited by wvu80

Well, so much for sitting in my favorite chair and enjoying the game.  We are getting annihilated, KY has tripled our score early on. :emotion-41:

+++

Edit:  44-18 at half.  Yuch.  Here's my halftime analysis: 

What Kentucky did right:  Everything

What WVU did right:  Nothing

The entire Kentucky teams looks about a foot taller than the entire WVU team.

Edited by wvu80

I just saw the ending.  I'm now watching the re-broadcast to see the beginning. 

There is NO WAY they killed off one of the most interesting, most conflicted characters in the show!  I'm pretty mad at Floki right now for killing him.  I'm guessing the rain water revives him, and he will arise, Christ-like. 

I am going to be bummed if he is gone.  :(

Edited by wvu80

Maybe Huggins saying KY was gonna be 36 & 1 after tonight wasn't a good idea?

A WVU freshman guard made that 36 and1 quote, but I don't think that quite tipped the scales in this belly flop of a game.

Edited by wvu80