Treble control fix?

I sent my Onkyo A9050 amp in for warranty repair because the front auxillary jack stopped working along with two inputs in the rear.  After three months I received it back only to find that now the treble control does not work either. It sounds as if the treble control is turned all the way down.  When I put it on pure mode it sounds right. I really don't want to wait another three months for this thing to be repaired again.

I have limited technical knowledge but is there anything I can check to try to diagnose or fix the treble control myself?

Thanks

Jon

Edited by Klipschtastic

Just got it back from service eh ?

Still not right and still under warranty i assume.

What i would do is call them up and tell them your story, i would then ask for a trade-in allowance maybe even for an upgrade.

Finding the right person to talk to on Onkyo's end could be your biggest hurdle.

The reason i say this is, this will likely not be your last problem with this critter.

If you get inside the unit, you may void warranty and any chance of trading it in, then you own junk. make sense?

• Like 2

Was under warranty when I sent it in.  Not under warranty anymore.  They caused the problem with the treble control when they worked on while still under warranty though.  Ask for a trade in allowance?  You mean a new replacement?

Yes, and i get on it right away.

Dont take no for an anser.