Power amp for Klipsch RF7 MKII

Aymen007

That's input sensitivity for the amp (wish all amps had this feature!).  The setting won't limit the amp's output, but it will change the voltage required from the pre amp to drive it to full output.  It will allow you more flexibility in regards to gain staging of your rig.  You'll want to set them high enough to reach your desired maximum listening levels, but no higher.  Given the sensitivity of your speakers, that will probably result in a fairly low setting on the input sensitivity.  This does a few things.  It forces your pre amp to send a stronger signal, thus increasing s/n on what's fed to the amplifier.  This helps bury any noise.  It also prevents a hair trigger volume on your pre-amp, giving you much more useful range of control.

The soft clipping is the switch at the lower right.  I would only engage that for times when others control the volume knob, particularly if said folks have had a few adult beverages.  Otherwise, I would leave it off.  Short of trying to achieve club-like levels, I doubt you would clip that thing anyway.

That's input sensitivity for the amp (wish all amps had this feature!). The setting won't limit the amp's output, but it will change the voltage required from the pre amp to drive it to full output. It will allow you more flexibility in regards to gain staging of your rig. You'll want to set them high enough to reach your desired maximum listening levels, but no higher. Given the sensitivity of your speakers, that will probably result in a fairly low setting on the input sensitivity. This does a few things. It forces your pre amp to send a stronger signal, thus increasing s/n on what's fed to the amplifier. This helps bury any noise. It also prevents a hair trigger volume on your pre-amp, giving you much more useful range of control.

The soft clipping is the switch at the lower right. I would only engage that for times when others control the volume knob, particularly if said folks have had a few adult beverages. Otherwise, I would leave it off. Short of trying to achieve club-like levels, I doubt you would clip that thing anyway.

Thank you

Please in your idea whats best level position setting for listen in my room

8x5 meter

You could probably get away with it as low as 9 o'clock (<1/4 above min) up to 12 o'clock (half way).  It's really up to you to determine which is best, and fortunately you'll have plenty of wiggle room to work with.  With the input sensitivity set too low it won't get loud enough, and, although it's unlikely, you could drive the Marantz pre-outs to clipping.  You don't want that.  If it's set too high you'll (possibly) hear hiss/hum when nothing is playing.  You don't want that either.  You just need to land somewhere between those two extremes, and voila, you're done.  Then it's time to get down to the music.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

please i need your help how i can connect my front speaker rf 7 ii in bi amp in amplifier nad m25 because marantz sr7009 i have 4 out for front speaker and now in NAD i have only 2 out

thank you

Bi-amping is really unnecessary. Especially with that excellent amp you have there.

• Like 1