Will be away for a bit - father in law terminal

mustang guy

Craig, undoubtedly you have treated his daughter and grandchildren with love and honor.  Likewise, your FIL.  Don't know of a better way to have excellent relations between ourselves and others than that.  Evidently, you have figured out the "what" of things, and their proper order.  No wonder you mourn, but you have good company/people on this Forum who do understand.  Better yet, many share their understanding through their prayers of the glorious eternity that is offered to us . . . .

Peace to you and yours.

Thank you all for the supportive words. For anyone out there who wonders where the forum that truly is a family exists, it's right here. This is as much a family of people as ever there were. Although a lot of people may think this is Klipsch, it is not. This is a bunch that came together with similar interests who had somewhat similar personalities. In one word, "GIVING". 

Sadly, my father in law Charlie died this afternoon. They took him off the ventilator, and he went peacefully. My wife stayed behind to tend to her mother and called me while I was coming back with two of my sons. She is having a very tough time, as you could expect. It shocked her to find out he wished to be cremated. I realize this is mourning, and it will sink in eventually.  

I will give you one thing to know about Charlie that cracked me up the most of anything. My oldest son was going away to Marshall University, where Charlie graduated from. His Papaw told him to remember one thing. "You can't drink all the beer at Marshall".

Thank you everybody...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sorry to hear that but it sounds like Charlie did well, family around and peacefully, what more could anyone want.

Your right WVU80, even when you know, you can never be ready, you still feel the loss.

• Like 1